💔Don't Ever Leave Me💔

Start from the beginning

Jake gave a small smile, knowing that Hailey was on her way to his place. Jake knew that Hailey would be the only one to help him feel better about his nightmares. He has never told anyone about them before. Jake didn't know how Hailey would feel about this. However, he brushed those thoughts away and held his pillow close to his chest, awaiting his friend.

-20 minutes later-

Jake had stayed in the exact same position for 20 minutes. He zoned out into the wall in front of him, clutching onto his pillow. He did occasional blinks here and there. Jake would continuously wonder when Hailey would arrive. A few tears would stream down Jake's cheeks, which he immediately rubbed away. He just wanted Hailey to be here already.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on his bedroom door, startling Jake out of his trance. "Uh, yes?" Jake said quite loudly.

"It's me, Jake. Can I come in?" Jake's heart started thumping at a fast pace and almost leaping in joy upon hearing Hailey's voice. She was finally here.

"Y-Yes! Of course.." He replied, turning his position to face the door.

Hailey opened the door quietly, taking one step in. She met her eyes with Jake's, looking at him. "Hi, Jake. You wanted to see me?" She spoke out softly, closing the door behind her. "Your mom let me in.." She added on, walking over to him.

It wasn't long before Hailey noticed Jake glance up at her with tears in his eyes, an upset frown creeping along the corners of his lips. This caused Hailey to become extremely worried. She heard Jake sniffle as he brushed his nose.

"Jake?! What's wrong?!" Hailey exclaimed, sitting down on the bed, right up by his side. "Are you alright?! Have you been crying..?" Hailey stroked his back, holding onto him. Jake couldn't hold it in anymore as the barrier containing his emotions broke. Jake burst into tears, his hands gliding up his countenance, covering his eyes.

Hailey became all the more worried. She held onto him even tighter. One arm around his back, her other hand placed onto his arm. "Jake?! What happened?! Did someone hurt you?!" Hailey desperately wanted answers, but she knew Jake needed to take his time to get himself together.

Tiny hiccups escaped Jake's lips as he gently looked up from his palms, making eye-contact with his friend and bandmate. "N-No..It's not that.." He replied quietly, still hiccuping.

Hailey brought herself closer to him, almost snuggling into Jake. "Shh, it's alright. I'm here with you.."

She said in a gentle tone, making Jake sigh slowly in content. "Whenever you're ready.." Hailey spoke, stroking his hair. Jake sniffed again, clearing his throat. His tears had began to clear up. He felt Hailey wipe away one last tear that fell from his delicate eyes.

"I-I had a nightmare..about..you." Hailey nearly gasped. Jake had a nightmare about her? Now, she was a bit confused.

"D-Did I do something..bad to you in the n-nightmare?" Hailey asked, worried. Jake's eyes went wide at the question.

"No! It wasn't you! It was..me.." Jake turned his body around to Hailey, which caused her to lose her grip on him, letting the blonde-haired teen go. Jake sat crisscrossed on the mattress, his gaze fixed onto the floor. Hailey listened attentively.

"Hailey, I haven't told anyone this but, I've b-been having nightmares recently. A l-lot. And they're all about..that incident that went down between the club, you, and I." Hailey was shocked hearing him. She had no idea that Jake was having bad dreams about that time. She had thought that he had gotten over it. That everyone had gotten over it.

"Are you talking about..that incident..?" She nervously asked, earning a nod from Jake in response.

"Y-Yes. You know, the recording that caused us to spilt up? The recording that broke apart our friendship? That incident.." He responded.