Mood Swings

Pairing: Amy Lee x female!reader Warning: None Requested: No

Warning: None
Requested: No

***
Sometimes when you can tell Amy is going through a mood swing, you often tend to give her some space before you try to approach her with questions.

However, lately you've noticed that she's been dealing with a lot of work and the stress that she carries with it makes it even worse for her. Today was another long day at the studio for her, and you honestly never felt that much worry and concern for her or anyone else that you know. This including your own family and friends.

The night before, Amy informed you that it was one of those days she was going to have to work late if she wanted to finish recording the new album, "The Bitter Truth" as everyone in that project was so close to being done and was looking forward to a nice long break. A break that would allow them more time to go home and spend it with their families and loved ones. As for Amy, she would be coming home to you, and it's all she's ever wanted each day she works. You were in the kitchen, preparing something to have for lunch, as you were the only one to occupy your shared home. With Amy working late was something you expect on full, what you didn't expect was to hear the sound of the front door open. It gave you an eerie feeling, and you were unsure if you should see who was there when you've come across the realization of Amy being only the other to have a copy of the key.

Now knowing who it was, you dropped what you were doing and went to approach her, but stopped abruptly after taking notice she didn't look too happy. This was the part where you would usually give her space and time, but you were a bit more concerned then normal and started asking her what was going on and if it was something the two of needed to talk out and work together through it. Just by asking that seemed to give Amy more of a negative demeanor of attitude, causing her to snap at you. Amy snapping at you has happened before, but this time it was a little more intense then the last time.

"You're home early! You don't know how-"

"I could really use some space right now, (Y/n)." Amy warned.

"Are you alright? Did something happen at the studio?"

"Watch your step, you're on thin ice right now, (Y/n). If you're asking to help, you can help me by giving me some personal space."

Not really knowing any better at that point, you try pressing on again and that was when it all had come undone.

Something you would always do when your girlfriend walks through that door after a long day was you would greet her with a hug. So that being said, you went to cave in for a hug, thinking that might do the trick in helping her to feel better and more relaxed. But to your surprise, she gently pushed you back and spoke through gritted teeth.

"Might it be possible, for me to come home and relax without clinging to me like this? Do you really not the definition of personal space?"

"I'm sorry, Am-"

"Save it. I don't need to hear it and I don't want to hear it. Just... just forget I'm even here right now. Can you do that? Or is that asking too much of you?"

"I can do that." You say, trying to hold back tears threatening to fall.

"Goody."

You watch as Amy head straight for your shared bedroom, shutting and locking the door behind her.

Deciding that she just needed time to think things through, you strolled over to the sofa and started a show from Hulu. You were watching Golden Girls and that's when you allow yourself to breakdown silently, wiping the tears away. Time was hard to tell on how long it's been since the petty argument you had with Amy, an hour at least you thought. With your mind set focused on your program, you fail to hear the bedroom door open but what pulled your attention away from the screen was the eerie feeling being watched. As you turn back, lo and behold, your girlfriend was just a few feet away and you could see the sorrow in her eyes.

You didn't want to acknowledge it too much, as you were very upset at the moment. So instead of saying something, you turn back to your show as if nothing happened. You then hear Amy sigh as he heavy footsteps lead her way to you. As she took the spot next to you on the couch, you remained still not knowing what was to come. What did come was the feel Amy's soft hand trying to take a hold of yours, having you flinch back and turning away. But you look back slightly with concern, Amy now staring down at her feet.

"You don't have to say anything, but I wanted to talk to you about this." Amy says softly, you remaining as still as a statue.

Though you nod, acknowledging that you hear her.

"I'm sorry about how I treated you earlier, things got out of hand at the studio and I was just really upset by it. I took it out on you when all you were doing is to help me feel better. But a bad day is no excuse for my behavior, I hope you can forgive me."

You were quiet a few minutes, your mind racing.

Despite of how upset you now were, of course you forgive her, it was already done. You loved her too much to not, and just as anyone would, so you nod in response. The next thing you know, you are being pulled in a warm embrace of your lover's arms, hugging you as if her life depended on it and you accepted in return.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you more, Ames."

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!