She sings to you when you can't sleep

***

***Pairing: Amy Lee x female!reader Warnings: None Requested: No

***
Pairing: Amy Lee x female!reader
Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
You can usually fall asleep just as quick as the average person, you hardly run into any kind of trouble sleeping.

Right after dinner, you really start to feel tired and just want to go to bed without worrying about clearing things out, save it all for the next day. But if there's anyone that knows Amy as well as you do, they would know that when she has her mind set on something, she goes through with it until the task is completed.

While Amy kept her focus on her music career, you had found yourself a part time job so that if Amy was out for the day, and was unable to take you with her, you weren't so alone the whole time she was gone. It was hard, never easy, but that didn't make impossible for you to pull through it together as you both loved each other so much, you didn't let anything wedge a hole into your relationship. While you were cleaning up, you didn't take notice of Amy looking over towards you when she turns your way, a small smile forming her lips as she can't but think and feel how lucky she was to have you in her life. Of course, you felt the same way, not only was she your idol for as long as you can remember, but she was sort of like your first crush and you honestly can't recall on how you were lucky enough or deserving enough to have a life with her. The way it works a lot of the time is that when she does things for you, you do things for her. When you try to do something for her, however, when it comes to the big things she'll try and tell you that it was okay and continue to reassure you that you didn't have to anything.

It gave you some relief when you were finally able to pull the blankets back on the bed and make yourself comfortable next to your loving girlfriend. You felt tired, but as you lay to sleep, you didn't fall asleep like you normally would and it was a little frustrating. A few little light snores coming from Amy here and there didn't seem to help. Just as you had finally putting on some thought on giving up the battle to fall asleep, you felt Amy shift and turn over in her sleep, slightly waking herself up. When she had come to, she seemed to sense that you were still awake and was having a hard time falling asleep.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that sleep doesn't seem to be on my side tonight."

It was quiet, but not for long. Amy was feeling around for your hand to hold before sharing a suggestion that might help.

"Do you want me to sing to you?"

"Yes, that sounds nice."

Before she does exactly that, she gently grips you to pull you up against her so that your head is placed on her chest while she lightly runs her fingers through your hair.

You feel your eyes begin to droop as an angelic humming of a lullaby started before Amy begins to sing along to it. Of course, this was doing the trick as you were now trying to fight to stay awake, wanting to hear more of her voice.

"I can feel the night beginning
Separate me from the living
Understanding me
After all I've seen..."

Eventually, you fall asleep. You don't remember doing so, but the next thing you know, you're eyes are opening to the bright morning sunlight that was slightly peaking through the closed blinds and of course, to Amy snoring next to you.

Just about the time you were thinking of getting up, Amy woke up. Slowly sitting up next to you before wrapping you in a hug before giving you the same question.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good... and you?"

"Very good."

Which was all very true, all of it.

***
REQUESTS: OPEN