Waking you up during a nightmare

***

***Pairing: Amy x female!readerWarnings: None Requested: No

***
Pairing: Amy x female!reader
Warnings: None
Requested: No

***

When it comes down to it, Amy Lee is the best thing that ever happened to you.

Having Amy as your girl was something you saw as a privilege that could easily be taken away if you weren't careful.

There was no doubt that the both of you were truly meant for each other, making each other a better person day by day, but most importantly, making each other a terrific team. Amy would drop whatever it is she may be doing in order to come aid you if needed, she truly does take really good care of you. Having that said, you sometimes feel as though you don't put in half the effort she does in the relationship you share. Now whenever this was brought up, she would always reassure you while making sure to remind just how much she loved you so.

That is what settled and put your worried mind at ease, for a while at least. You've been having a rough past couple of days and you were keeping it from Amy. A lot of it had been happening at work, it seems that a certain coworker really had it out for you and tried everything to make your working day as miserable as possible. This caused your stress level to skyrocket through the roof, and it was killing you inside.

Amy could sense there was something going on just by your body language, not to mention of the way you'd communicate. Of course she wanted to confront you about it, but what had her back down was the thought of saying something that might upset you or trigger your stress and anxiety.

However, that bottle full of the hidden emotion would soon crack open and break free, shortly after falling asleep. It had been a long, exhausting day that you just crashed into a death like sleep without bothering to change into sleepwear. One minute, you're fast asleep and the next, you were being awakened by Amy gently shaking your shoulder. It didn't take you very long to understand why she woke you as the shuddering memories of the nightmare replayed in your mind. When it all came rushing back, you began to tremble, before Amy pulled you in her arms as her way of providing the comfort you need.

Amy knew just how to comfort you; soothing words, and soothing circles on your back. The next thing she does, she begins rocking you back and forth while humming the tune of "I'm Not Tired" softly in your ear.

Once you seemed settled, Amy begins encouraging you to tell her about your dream as she listens with deep desire to analyze it into something of her own thoughts. Amy loved you so much, that it hurt her to see you in this state and was always wanting to make sure that you were okay. So it came as a surprise to her when you finally let her know of what had been going on, while shamefully admitting you weren't planning on telling her.

"(Y/n), have I done something that made you feel you couldn't tell me?"

"No, I honestly don't know what it was that had me keep this hidden. I guess I just didn't want you to feel the same stress I've been feeling."

"If you would've just told me, that would not have happened, that I might start feeling stress. No, (Y/n), I want you to come to me with these things from now on, okay?"

"Okay, I will. I promise."

"Good."

The rest of the night was spent with you being wrapped in Amy's arms until you fell asleep. As you woke the next morning, you found yourself still locked in the safety of her arms, where stress can't find you.

But hey, you weren't complaining, you had no reason to.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!