Chapter 113: The Scorch Mutiny

Start from the beginning

Clapping his hands twice, the dark room was instantly lit up by bright white lights.

Once the lights turned on, Jaroslav was finally able to see his surroundings.

But upon witnessing what was inside of the room, a look of horror flashed in his eyes.

Because the whole room was one massive device connected to a helmet.

Jaroslav: Y-You're insane!

*Bam!*

Smacking onto the metal armrest of the chair, the blue dwarf leaned closer.

Blue Dwarf: My name is Doctor Heinz Doofen Gigawatts and as you can probably tell, I am a Duergar.

Walking towards the back of the room and taking the helmet, Dr. Gigawatts flashed an evil smile.

Gigawatts: Although I'm not exactly famous among you dwarves, amongst us Duergars, I'm extremely well known.

Walking back towards Jaroslav, he dangled the helmet in his face.

Gigawatts: If you want to die peacefully, tell us how we can access the main defensive systems. If you refuse to do so...

*Spurt!*

A fountain of blood sprayed all over the room as Heinz stabbed Jaroslav in the thigh.

Jaroslav: ...

Gigawatts: Huh?

But contrary to his expectations, in what should've been a pained and desperate scream, Gigawatts was met with two cold, dead eyes.

Seeing this made a chill run down his spine.

Without taking his eyes off of Dr. Heinz Gigawatts, Jaroslav took note of his injured thigh.

Then, looking up and staring at Gigawatts, he muttered in a voice completely lacking an ounce of fear except a little teasing tone.

Jaroslav: Hehe, Is that all you've got?

*Pui!*

Turning his head, Jaroslav spat towards the right side of the room.

Gigawatts: Oh?

Heinz immediately shook his head and shrugged off the cowardice in him.

Gigawatts: It looks like you still got some grit in you.

Approaching Jaroslav and grabbing him by the hair, Gigawatts lifted his head up and stared at him in the eyes.

On his right hand was the helmet-like device.

Gigawatts: I want you to say that again while looking at my face. Where are your tough words from before? Lost all confidence already?

Jaroslav: ...

Coldly looking at Dr. Heinz Doofen, Jaroslav did not answer.

Smirking, Gigawatts turned his attention towards the helmet-like device in his hand. Raising his hand and shoving the device on top of Jaroslav's face, Heinz spoke up.

Gigawatts: You see...the device on your head is my own creation, and what it does is something simple...

*Clank!*

With a clunk noise, Heinz locked the helmet on Joraslav's head.

Gigawatts: ...the helmet will help me extract the memories in your head. Although it is still in the development stages, I should be able to extract some information regarding the barrier dome from you.

As he spoke, he couldn't contain his excitement.

The device was one of his latest inventions and had the ability to extract the memories of the subject put under it.