Chapter 73: City on Fire

That same day, in another part of Orazvil City.

A middle-aged man, accompanied by two people whose bodies were covered under long robes, knocked on the door of a house located in the 5th City Section, at the south of the city.

One second later, the door opened slightly and a male voice came from the other side.

Male: What do you want?

The middle-aged man spoke.

Middle-aged man: I came for the mission you received a few days ago.

Male: Mister, I don't know what you are speaking about.

The middle-aged man nodded and. He then took something out of his clothes and passed it to the man behind the door.

Middle-aged man: This is my identification.

The man received it and used a few seconds to confirm its authenticity. Less than one minute later, the door opened revealing a cunning-looking skinny man.

Male: Welcome, Mr. S. I was waiting for you. Something to drink?

The middle-aged man shook his head.

Middle-aged man: I prefer to focus on my work. How is the situation with the targets?

Male: There were a few inconveniences, but fortunately, we did not fail the mission.

He then walked towards a wall and revealed a secret compartment behind a painting.

Male: This is all the information we got about the targets.

On the first page of the document, there were names and the drawings of group of youngsters.

Vanoss
Delirious
Nogla
Wildcat
Moo
Basically
Terroriser

The middle-aged man narrowed his eyes when he saw the names. He then opened the document and started to read the information inside.

When he finished reading, he furrowed his brows.

Middle-aged man: This information is almost useless. Besides the place where they is living right now, everything else is something I already know.

The skinny man in charge of recollecting information smiled bitterly.

Male: You can't blame us for that. Originally, we planned to follow the targets to monitor their movements and thus learn about their habits, likes, and dislikes. Unfortunately, that plan fell apart the first day.

Middle-aged man: What happened?

Male: Well, they managed to find out that they were being monitored. Then, they located one of our men and caught him, forcing him to commit suicide. When we learned of that, I immediately retracted all the men in charge of monitoring them. I didn't dare to send more men to their deaths. The information I gave you was something I got after asking for help from some people of the city hall and investigating with some information brokers in the Black Market.

The middle-aged man frowned.

Middle-aged man: Do they know about us?