Chapter 38

Yoongi doesn't know for how long he was out but when he finally came to, it was dark. Everything felt cold. Namjoons scent was suffocating him. He needed to get out. He can't be here.

He doesn't know how he got up but he did. Without grabbing a coat or Putting on shoes, he's out of his apartment and out into the snowy cold streets.

The people walking past him mutter to each other as they see him. He doesn't care.

Where was he going?

He doesn't know

But he needs to feel something.

He bumps into a person and he mutters out a sorry. "Hey are you- Oh my god Yoongi what are you doing out here with no shoes and no coat!?" Y/n yells, pulling her coat off before giving it to Yoongi.

Yoongi shivers at the warmth. "Thanks.."
"Come with me Yoongi. It's freezing out here" Y/n walks Yoongi back to her and Jungkooks house. Upon entering, Yoongi can hear laughter and babbling. Y/n quickly rushes off somewhere while Yoongi walks to the living room. 

When he enters he sees  Soobin and Jungkook on the Matt playing with baby Jaehyun. His heart clenches at the sight.

Y/n returns with a towel and socks, a warm coat, and boots. "Here Yoongi put these on."

"Oh goodness you scared me. Yoongi? Why are you barely dressed? Did something happen?"

Yoongi doesn't say anything but he pulls the coat, socks, and boots on. When pulling the other boot on, Jaehyun crawls over to Yoongi.

Yoongi was about to move away but Jaehyun had reached his small hand out and gripped Yoongis.

Yoongi, fascinated by the small creature, sat Down on the mat as he quietly picked Jaehyun up. Jaehyun babbles and coes and Yoongi can feel tears brimming his eyes.

Y/n and Jungkook exchange sad looks before they're watching Yoongi again.

Yoongi subconsciously hugged Jaehyun, softly swaying the pup in his hands as he softly cries.

"Mama...why is uncle Yoongi crying?" Soobin tugs on Y/n. "He's sad Binnie. Go wash up. We'll be having dinner soon okay?" She smiles at her son before he runs off.

At this point, Jaehyun had fallen asleep in Yoongis arms and Yoongi can't take his eyes off of the sleeping pup. "I'll take him to bed hyung" Yoongi shakes his head "Please let me hold him a little while longer.." Jungkook smiles and nods.

Yoongi stares at the small creature, his heart clenching when he thinks about his pup. "Should we call Namjoon?" Y/n asks Yoongi and he shakes his head.
"I broke up with him.." He barely whispered out.

"Yoongi...why? What happened?"
"It was too much... losing our pup...having him care for me even after I lost our Namgi...I couldn't have him stay with me. I can't bare the thought of him having to look after me when all I did was cause him pain.."

Jaehyun shuffles in Yoongis hold and Yoongi is quick to softly bounce him.
"You're a natural at this" y/n smiles softly.

"Yeah?" Y/n nods. "He's comfortable with you. He's not like that with everyone"

"Uncle Yoongi look what papa got me!" Soobin holds out a switch in front of Yoongis face and Yoongi smiles. "That's cool, show uncle what kind of games you have" Soobin smushes himself under Yoongis arm.

So Yoongi is holding Jaehyun with one arm(he's resting against Yoongi btw) and his other arm is around Soobin.

"Papa got me this game! It's super cool! Have to jump onto these things and kill the bad guys to save the princess!"

Mario. He was playing Mario.  Yoongi smiles "That's so cool. Show me how to save the princess"
"Okay!"
"Ahh Sorry boys but dinner is served. You can play games afterward ok?" Y/n says smiling.
"Okay mama" Soobin gets up and runs to Jungkook, who was serving ramen. He clings to his father's leg and Jungkook laughs, petting the boy's head.

"Come eat Yoongi," Y/n says taking Jaehyun from him.
"No thank you. I'm not hungry."

"Uncle Yoongi you're going to love papas ramen! It's soooooooooo good" the boy giggles, dragging Yoongi to the dining room. He sits Yoongi down before he's climbing into a chair next to Yoongi.

"Thank you for the food!" He says before he's grabbing his chopsticks and munches on them.

"Please have some Yoongi" Jungkook says, sliding a plate towards him. Despite Yoongi saying he wasn't hungry, he picked up his chopsticks and dug in. The first bite brings him to tears. It tasted exactly like the ramen Namjoon made him.

"Hyung..." Y/n quickly shuts Jungkook down with a shake of her head. Jungkook gets the idea and continues eating.

Yoongi finishes his ramen before he makes his way over to Jaehyun "I'll feed him. You can have your dinner"
Y/n smiles "Thanks Yoongles"

Yoongi chuckles as he feeds Jaehyun "You haven't called me that since we were 16"
"I know" She smiles.

Yoongi feeds Jaehyun and after he's had a good amount of food, he wipes his face clean. "Would you like to bathe him Yoongi?"
Yoongi nods "If that's alright"

Jungkook and Y/n nod. "That's fine. Soobin and Jungkook can do the dishes. I'll help you"

Yoongi follows Y/n to the bathroom with Jaehyun in his arms. Y/n fills a small bath for Jaehyun and she nods. "He doesn't like water near his ears so be careful there. And his shampoo is made for babies so if it does go into his eye, it won't burn" Yoongi nods and undresses the small infant, slowly placing him in the bath.

Jaehyun giggles and slightly splashes the water. Yoongi does expert work and washes the baby. Y/n smiles as she watches him. "You are a natural."

After Yoongi is done, he wraps Jaehyun in a towel and Y/n leads him to Jaehyuns room. She opens a drawer and pulls out multiple pajamas for Jaehyun. "You can pick which one he wears. The diapers are here and the baby power is over here. The lotion is there." Yoongi nods.

He quickly smears lotion on the pup and puts a diaper on. He pulls the blue rocket babygrow onto Jaehyun and buttons it up.

"You can sit in the chair and rock him to sleep if you'd like"
"I want to..is that fine?"

Y/n smiles. "Of course. Go on ahead. I just need to get his blanket from the livingroom be right back"

Yoongi sits in the rocking chair, with Jaehyun over his shoulder as he lightly taps his back. Jaehyun burps and Yoongi chuckles "Oh my, that was a big one huh"
To which Jaehyun responded with another burp.

Yoongi coes and it's not long before Jaehyun is falling asleep. Yoongi gets up and places him on his small bed, covering him with a small blanket.

He leans onto the wooden frame and watches the child sleep. He imagined his little Namgi like that, sleeping peacefully as he and Namjoon watches him with love.

Yoongi feels his eyes sting. He misses Namjoon. He misses his Namgi. He misses his family.