Chapter 4

"If you hate me so fucking much then just reject me and get it over with, at least I could live with myself knowing I tried"

"I, Min Yoongi, Reject you, Kim Namjoon, as my mate"

Namjoon was stunned. He looked at Yoongi with wide eyes before he took a step back. He nods his head, smiling sadly before he turned and left Yoongis studio.

Namjoon walked as fast as he could, practically running before he bumped into Hoseok. "Oh shit sorry Namjoo- Namjoon are you alright?" Hoseok quickly asked, seeing the younger in a frantic and panicked state. Namjoon just walked past him "Namjoon!..." Hoseok blinked before turning to go to Yoongis office.

Namjoon had reached his Apartment, barely holding in his tears as he entered the door. As the door shut, He broke down, tears streaming from his eyes as his back slid against the door. "Namjoon wha- oh my God Joon what happened?" Jin, Namjoons older brother rushed toward the alpha "H-hyung" Namjoon sobbed out.

Jin, being an omega, got distressed as he saw a fellow family member violently sobbing. He quickly wrapped his arms around his younger brother, patting his back in an attempt to calm the younger down but it only worsened. "Tell hyung what happened?" Jin asked in a soft voice. Namjoon shook his head. "You'll feel better after talking about it"

"I don't want to talk about it cuz I can't wrap my head around it," Namjoon says, wiping his nose with his sleeve. "Eww. At least use a tissue" Jin groaned, reaching for the tissue box not too far from him and handing it over to his brother.

Meanwhile at Yoongis office

Yoongi stood there in shock, not believing what he had just done.

Had he just rejected Namjoon?
Wasn't this a good thing?
No, it wasn't, because there was a strange hole in his heart.
He never wanted a mate in the first place.
So why the fuck was his heart hurting so much?

Yoongi flinched when his studio door opened, revealing a slightly angry Hoseok. But his expression changed when he saw Yoongi. "Hyung why are you crying?" He asked.

Yoongi blinked before lifting his hand and wiping his cheek. Sure enough, he was crying. But why?

Hoseok sat Yoongi down before sighing. "What happened? You're a mess and Namjoon is a mess...did something happen?" Yoongis heart clenched when he heard that Namjoon was a mess.

His eyes betrayed him, spilling out more tears as he stared wide-eyed at the floor. "Hyung!" His head flinched to Hoseok "Did you hear what I asked?" Yoongi shook his head "What happened?"

"I-" Yoongis voice came out hoarse. "I rejected him"
"On the collab? Why? I thought things were going smoothly again...and if so, why are you crying about it?"
Yoongi shook his head "I rejected him as my mate" Hoseok gasped.

Jin gasped as Namjoon told him the story about Yoongi. "No, he didn't! Namjoon how..why-"
"I don't know hyung. One moment he's fine and the next he's glaring. Then he's sticking up for me and then he's chasing me out of his studio"
"Bipolar bitch" Jin mumbled under his breath.
"Min Yoongi was it? That big Producer from Hybe?" Jin asked.
Namjoon nods, his heart clenching at the name "Yeah that's him..."

"Why the fuck would you reject your Mate?!" Hoseok yelled, gripping both of Yoongi's shoulders. "Do you have any idea how badly you've fucked up!? That's it. That was your only chance at being happy. There are no second chances!" Hoseok lectured, slightly wiggling Yoongis shoulders as he does.

Yoongi growled and pushed Hoseok off of him, standing up and pacing around "I don't know why I did it! I don't even know why I'm so upset about it either, I never wanted a mate in the first place!" Yoongi groans, gripping onto his silver hair. "You're upset because the bond already formed, hyung you fucked up bad. If he comes back and rejects you. You're done for. You'll never be able to be happy."

"Don't you think I already know that?! Can't you see how fucking distressed I am?! How I'm crying like a fucking bitch!? I didn't want this, see what it's doing to me?! It's making me feel things I don't want to feel!" Yoongi yelled. "Yknow what. Fuck it. I already rejected him. I don't need a mate" he says turning to pack up his laptop and necessary items before he walks out of his office.

Hoseok trails behind him ranting about how there was still time to fix it, and how everyone deserves a chance at happiness. Yoongi just ignored him, storming off and out of the building and back into his apartment.

Hoseok stood at the entrance of Hybe, Utterly shocked. Just then, an orange-haired male wrapped his arms around him "Hi Seokie~ oh? What's wrong?" Jimin asked, smelling the faint scent of Yoongis distressed pheromones. "Nothing to worry about love...Just Yoongi being a stupid pabo..." Hoseok mumbled.

As soon as Yoongis apartment door closed he slumped against it, resting his elbows on his knees as he looks through the big window straight ahead. The lights of Seoul shone into his apartment, so bright and happy, unlike how he was feeling.

He brought one hand to his mouth, nervously nibbling on his nails. Had he fucked up? Was Namjoon as distraught as he was? Why was it hurting so much? They only knew each other for a few hours, maybe even a day.

Yoongi somehow managed to get into his bed, sighing at the comfort. Even though his bed was comfortable, a place of peace and quiet and solitude for him, he still felt broken, the hole he felt in his heart only getting bigger the longer he lay there. "I shouldn't have rejected him....but the damage is already done" He spoke to himself. He held onto a pillow that night, softly crying himself to sleep.