Chapter 30

"So this is what a dance rehearsal is like?" Shawn asked, sitting down on a seat next to Camila.

"Yep," she smiled, watching as Scarlett ran through the dance studio with her pink tutu on. "We just sit here for the next hour and drink over priced coffee." Shawn laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder and looked trough the glass to where Scarlett was. A few minutes later Camila could feel eyes on her and turned around the find all the others Moms gathered together, whispering among themselves. She rolled her eyes and turned back to Shawn. "They're talking about us again."

Shawn looked over and rolled his eyes too. He was tempted to give them the middle finger but that probably wasn't a good idea at his daughters dance class. "Ignore them."

"It's kinda hard when they're calling you a slut in your ear." She murmured.

"They're not calling you a slut."

"Well they're thinking it. Why can't they just come out and say something instead of staring at us?"

Shawn rolled his eyes and moved his hand down to squeeze her thigh. "Let's give them something to look at then." He smirked and before Camila could do anything his lips were against hers and his hand gripped her chin as their tongues melted together. Camila's hand moved to his arm, pulling his hand away and then her lips with a small smirk on her face.

"Why'd you stop?" Shawn asked, wiping his lips incase any lipstick had transferred from Camila.

"Because our daughter is dancing behind the glass and can probably see us." She laughed, wiping the red stain from the corner of his lips. "And she's already seen too much."

"I'm taking you out tonight then." Shawn announced, placing his hand back on her upper thigh.

"Where?"

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"Well I need to know so I'll know what to wear." She huffed.

"You always look hot, babe." He smirked, leaning down to press another kiss against her lips.

"Mysterious date night with Mr Mendes," She bit her lip and grinned up at him. "I like the sound of that."

They were interrupted when the door opened and all the kids came running through for their five minute break. Scarlett raced over to them with one of her friends following and scrambled up on to Shawn's knee. "Look, I told you my daddy came." She said to her friend as Shawn wrapped his arms around her waist. "You're my daddy aren't you Shawn?"

He nodded and watched as her friend furrowed her eyebrows. "If he's your daddy then why do you call him Shawn?" She asked.

Scarlett fell silent and looked up at Shawn with big eyes and an uncertain look. He tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and grinned at her. "You can call me whatever you like."

A smile spread across her face and she turned to look back at her friend but she had ran over to her Mother. Shawn wrapped his arms around her tighter and started to tickle her sides. "Stop Shawn," She giggled, leaning over to Camila to get away from him.

Camila smiled at them both and settled Scarlett on her knee as she picked up her drink. "Have you watched my dancing Shawn?"

"I have," He smiled. "You're very good."

"I don't want to be a vet when I grow up anymore," She looked up at Camila. "I want to be a dancer on broadway."

"You can be whatever you want to be." Camila said, pressing a kiss to her head. "You'd be an amazing dancer."