confessions

I pulled away from the kiss almost immediately, confused and shocked by what just happened. "Knew it" she smiled before leaving. I was so confused as to what she got from that, or why she did it.

I went home after that and guess who was sat on my couch next to Chloe. I sat ther just staring at her for a moment "scarl you coming sit down or.." I glanced at Chloe who looked really confused, I guess for good reason as well "maybe later, I'm gonna get a shower." My eye contact with demi finally broke as I turned around to the bathroom. I spent about 10 minutes in the shower, questioning everything about her, the girl I thought I knew just flipped any and all assumptions I had about her on their head. I had to face her sooner or later so after getting changed into some comfy clothes I took a deep breath and headed to the kitchen.

I began to brew coffee for myself, giving myself a couple of minutes to gather myself and not freak out the second I saw her face

I began to brew coffee for myself, giving myself a couple of minutes to gather myself and not freak out the second I saw her face. Eventually the coffee finished brewing and I had to join them, Timidly I walked into the living room, making sure I situated myself away from Demi, Chloe being the little investigator she is, clocked immediately that something had happened with the two of us "girl if you don't tell me what the fuck has gone on between you two imma slap you in the face!" She laughed poking my side"nothing happened chlo" "you sure it was nothing?" I glared at demi, annoyed that she just had to add to the situation I was desperately trying to get out of "yes. It was nothing." I rolled my eyes slumping back into the sofa, both Demi and Chloe laughing at me.

She stayed for a while but once the 22:30 mark hit she grabbed all of her things and left, leaving me to be questioned by my roommate. "You know I'm not gonna stop asking youuu" I felt like slamming my head against the wall, she hadn't stopped asking the same question for 10 minutes. "WE KISSED CHLO!" I immediately regretted what I shouted, her mouth hung low, but her open mouth turned into a smile. "Oh my god! So was it like your first time kissing her or?" "It didn't mean anything chlo, she kissed me. I pulled away. That's it." Her face was almost a little disappointed that we didn't go further, but she understood why, I wasn't going to kiss someone that broke my jaw... Unless I was drunk. I sat on my phone for a while, until a text came through my phone "come outside. Please." Why did she want me to come out to her. She must've had a good reason because the moment I stepped outside a huge draft of cold air hit my skin, prickling it with goosebumps, and there she was less than 3 feet away from me. "What." She frowned "ouch. Could've been a little nicer" her voice kind of thick from tiredness. "Demi I'm freezing, what do you want." Her smile still hadn't left her face "you tell Chloe?" "Look if you're here to torture me some more feel free to leave" I turned around, quickly being stopped by her hand on my arm. "Look. I'm sorry. It's just... I haven't stopped thinking about you, and me" I was shocked by her statement"what do you mean demi" she placed her hand on my cheek "I think you know what I mean." I put my hand on hers, scared of opening up to her. "Dem..." "I don't care if you don't feel the same I just needed to tell you. I'll go now." She began to turn around, towards her car but I couldn't just leave her. And I couldn't tell her, not yet. It pained me to see her leaving upset but my fear of being hurt by her was too strong, at least for right now.

I went back inside, disheartened that I couldn't be honest, but I still felt better, I got to know her a little more and she told me something that mattered a lot to her, she trusted me. I couldn't trust her, I felt horrible but the trauma that came with her hand was too harsh for me to let go of. And she knew that, which is why she let it go without a fight. And it wasn't the end, I knew that, she knew that, but she wasn't going to force anything on me. "You love her..." Chloe's voice from behind me said, startling me a little. "What do you mean Chloe" "demi. You love her. But you can't be with her because of the memories." She had never been so spot on about anything in my life before. "How did you-" "I saw you two. Outside" she had a small smile on her face, "let me quote you. If she is not willing to accept the real you, then she is not the one for you." I frowned at her "when have I ever said that?" She laughed a little "remember Lila. We were on and off and you told me that." "Didn't that make you dump her?" She laughed loudly "yes. But. It's only because you knocked some sense into my delusional ass." I laughed with her, she was right, thing is, she would accept me. It was now a matter of me being able to accept her, get to know her. I couldn't do it on my own and hell it wouldn't be easy but I was willing to try, just to see.

Demi
-----

Hey.

Hi.. abt what u said earlier.

It's fine. I wanna say something

Yeah?

It's gonna take me some time. To trust you. But if you do anything and I mean anything to betray my trust we will never, ever talk again.

Okay! I promise, thank you for giving me a chance.

Yeah, well, I gotta get over you breaking my jaw somehow.

Wow. Arsehole.

😘😘

--------

A huge smile grew on my face, I did it, I tried to overcome my fears and so far, it was working. The more I read the messages, the more I felt warm inside, I knew she liked me, and that was more than enough to help me sleep. I fell asleep reading the conversation we had, thinking about both time we kissed and how much chemistry we had. Maybe she really was the one...