Bounty

(Credit for art goes to 🫖 𝓫 𝓮 𝓪 𝓷 𝓲 𝓮 🍄 on Twitter. All rights and respect to them)

Hello! Sorry this took so long, I could not for the life of me figure out how I wanted to write this chapter, that and the fact I was distracted by other cartoons while trying to write this. Anyway I hope you enjoy!

There is definitely a trigger warning for this chapter mentions of abuse, manipulation, and physical violence. Stay healthy my peeps :]

Word count: 2689
•••

Hunter's eyes drowsily opened halfway. His limbs felt so heavy. He looked out the shed window and saw that it was close to dusk. He was so tired still that his limbs didn't want to move. He had forgotten how good sleep felt, he snuggled closer to whatever it was he had been leaning against all day and closed his eyes once more. Then he felt a gentle shake of his shoulder. "Hey. Feather head, you gotta wake up now"

Hunter groaned. His eyes slowly opened once more, they shifted trying to find where Willow was based on her voice. Then he realized he had been leaning against Willow the entire time. His ears turned red and he started to feel really warm. He sat up quickly "I'm awake!" He squeaked. Why did this feel so awkward? If it was awkward, why did he wish he could just lean on her a little bit longer? So many confusing thoughts. Too soon after he woke up, he needed to process being awake before the confusing thoughts rushed in.

"Good, because we have a long journey ahead of us" she said and took the backpack of snacks. She opened it and handed one of the snacks to Hunter. And the two began to eat. "So, I studied the map and we are almost halfway there, we should be well into the forest by sunrise if we leave right after eating." Willow said.

"Alright, but if we get lost because you studied the map, you are sooooo done for" Hunter said looking from his snack towards her.

"Oh yeah? And what will you be able to do? You know I can easily take you in a fight." She said and looked at him as well with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, yeah, I think you forget just how skilled in combat I am. After all, I have trained my entire life to be one of the best fighters in all the isles." Hunter boasted. Leaning forward slightly.

"Coulda fooled me, I'll still crush you in a fight" Willow said with a smirk, also leaning forward slightly. They were only inches away from each other. To be honest Willow wanted to know what Hunter would do, she enjoyed teasing him because his reactions were, well, adorable. However, Hunter had been showing more of his softer side recently, so she was curious as to how he would react. Before this adventure started she couldn't stop blushing, but now the shock of her feelings had worn off. She had accepted she may like Hunter, however if it was actually like like, she wasn't sure yet. Probably it was because she was curious as to what Hunter's stance was, did he have any similar feelings? Or was he just an insanely awkward, and how Luz put it 'sad boy'.

Hunter was about to make a comeback, but then he realized something. Willow was really close to him. Like insanely close. His face turned red along with his ears. Willow laughed at his flustered face, and she playfully shoved her hand onto Hunter's face and pushed him back, causing him to go onto his back. She stood up and held out her hand to Hunter "you are so going to pay for that" he said as he took her hand and he was hauled up. The two made sure everything was in order before going to the shed door and opening it. The two poked their heads out and looked around. "All clear captain"