"I'll take that as a winner," he said as he carefully helped the pup from his lap, then stood up and stretched his arms over his head. 

My back is killing me. 

Of course, he hadn't intended to sleep hunched against the sofa, but for the whole minute that Ravi had woken up earlier, he'd been persistent about staying in his lap, so he'd only really been allowed to scoot over toward the couch for some back support before the pup had jumped right back onto him. 

Rolling his shoulders and tilting his head here and there managed to get out at least a few of the kinks that had settled there overnight, making moving manageable again. 

"Alright, I'm gonna head out. You behave for your new master, alright?" he said. 

He knew that Wyatt wasn't really Ravi's master, but since the guy was looking after him, it was the same thing, right? 

I have no idea how that kind of stuff even works. 

"Just uh, be a good boy," he said awkwardly before walking over to the door and tugging his shoes back on. 

When he straightened back up, he was surprised to see Ravi sitting right next to the door, his little pink tongue settled between his lips so that only a tiny bit was showing. His breathing seemed a bit labored, though. 

"If you need to pant, you might want to open your mouth," Trever said, unsure if his words might seem rude or not. 

He just... it seemed like Ravi just wasn't all there right then. 

He watched as the pup slowly withdrew its tongue back into its mouth, tilted its head, then gave another, more-whiny grunt... before promptly sneezing so hard that Trever had to jump back to avoid the spray-zone. 

"I think you need a few more days taking it easy," he said as he reached for the door and carefully opened it, making sure to not accidentally bump Ravi as he did so. 

To his surprise, the little dog hurried outside and into the chilly, overcast day. He seemed to wake up a bit more as the cold weather hit him, because soon he was bouncing on his front paws over by the stairs, clearly waiting for him to catch up. 

Trever glanced back inside, but he knew better than to wake up Wyatt. Ravi was an adult, even though he didn't always act like one.  

To each their own. 

Mentally shrugging, he headed towards the stairs, then down them to begin his short walk back home. He could hear Ravi running about behind him, sniffing at snow and, likely, just making a fool of himself, but he let the guy be. He wasn't a babysitter, and he was too old to be babysit, anyways. 

They were just passing his brother's house when he heard the pup's footsteps suddenly pause. He paid them no mind, at first, because honestly, he didn't want the guy following him all the way back home to begin with, but after he was all the way to the next home, he slowly turned partially around to look. 

Oh... he really did stop back there. 

When Ravi noticed him looking, he gave a nervous whine and pawed at the ground. 

"Go back to Wyatt. You don't want to follow this grouch anymore," he said, his patience running thin. 

He really wasn't a people person. Yes, he was fantastic at fixing employee-employer problems, and he could work pretty damn well with others when needed, but that didn't mean that he liked it. 

Ravi spun in a quick circle, then sneezed again before taking a few steps backward. 

Good, go back now.