Maki Zenin - Broken Ties (Part 2)

What? Updated last on the 13th? Nooooo...

I'm sorry for the wait, but my motivation is gone. And remember that poem? Yeah I know what to write I just don't know with who lol... You got any ideas for me?

Anyways enjoy :j

. . . . .

You ended up sleeping in the attic of a small bakery.

After not finding a hotel to stay in, you wandered the streets to look for food, and stumbled upon the little shop. The owner noticed your heavier than 'normal' luggage and asked if you had anywhere to stay, and if not, if you wanted to live with her. "Of course," she said, "you'd have to help me out a bit. In exchange for payment." You thanked her and moved upstairs.

It was small and cozy, and even though you were accompanied by more than one spider, you slept better than any other time that night. You felt free.

You were woken up by the chirping of birds and the smell of freshly baked bread. A smile made its way to your face, as you heard the silent sound of the old lady humming along to a song playing on the radio. After getting out of bed and putting on 'casual' clothes - you'd like to think a plain shirt and some trousers were casual - you headed downstairs to fulfill your part of the deal.

Few hours after lunch, you were free from work, and went outside to explore the city. You came across lots of stray cats and dogs (and gave every one a few pets), discovered alleyways, shortcuts, and several shops to buy food in. And of course, you saw curses. But these were different. Not only did the numbers triple here, said curses were also a lot bigger than the ones in your village. You were honestly intimidated, but decided it was the best to just ignore them.

You walked around the rest of the day and looked at sights and went to parks. It was refreshing, not having to worry about a curfew; not having to be scared to come back home. You swore yourself you'd never go back there.

When night fell over the city, you were sitting on a bench close to one of the few schools in Kawasaki City. You had a lingering feeling that being there wasn't a good idea, mostly because you saw at least two giant curses on your way there. But you didn't move yet, because your eyes were fixated on something in the middle of the running track. Or rather, someone.

You focused and squinted your eyes, and even though it was already dark, you could make out who it was: the girl with the ponytail. She was carrying some kind of... staff?

But why would she be here? It was dangerous to be alone outside, and you'd like to think she'd feel uneasy with all the cursed energy around; even non sorcerers felt that, right? And what business would a high school student - she looked like one, maybe a bit older - have here? At night?

You were just about to call out to her, yell at her to watch out, when one of the curses approached her. You jumped up, already wanting to run, when you realized that she directly looked at the monster... Could she see it? Your question was graciously answered when she raised her staff - what turned out to be some kind of spear - and sliced the curse in half.

...

Your jaw was left hanging when you slumped back onto the bench, making you breath in through your mouth; and you may or may not have swallowed a fly when you closed it to gulp. Your eyes never left the girl, who's head slowly turned to look in your direction.