Shopping Spree - Nobara Kugisaki

This is a college AU! Enjoy reading :D

. . . . . 

Equipped with a backpack and a cup of coffee, you were standing in front of the mall, waiting for Nobara. You and she had agreed to go shopping today, since you both had a day off. You arrived earlier than her, leaning on a fence, you listened to music, not noticing your ginger friend approaching you until she tapped your shoulder and yanked out one of your earplugs, making you jolt in surprise. 

"Oi! I've been calling your name like three times; how high did you turn the volume on these things?" she asked as you sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck. "Sorry? You know I like my music loud", you shrugged your shoulders and she huffed. 

"Anyways, we're both here now, so let's go shopping!" she said, grabbing your wrist, switching moods from annoyed to excited in barely a second. You were always taken aback by her mood swings, but it was charming in a way, you thought. 

"Alright, where to first then?" you asked, letting her pull you through the crowd. "Do you even have to ask? The clothing shops, obviously!" she cheered. You smiled to yourself, just enjoying her company. 

. . . . .

And that's how you ended up sitting next to the changing rooms of the third clothing store you were looking at that day, shopping bags stacked beside you. You sighed, putting your head in your hand, your arm propped up on your knee and looking at your reflection in the mirror in front of you. 

You looked tired, college really took a toll on you, but you managed. Your friends, especially Nobara kept you sane and made sure you were living a healthy life. Speaking of the ginger-haired girl, she was finished with changing and now stood in front of you, admiring herself in the mirror. 

She turned around, seeming satisfied with her choice. "So, what do you think?"She asked, and you looked at her outfit. It was a short, sky-blue dress, paired with a black cropped jacket. "Are you planning to wear your black boots with that?" you asked, and she nodded, smiling. "Yup, you know my taste! But answer my question, what do you think?" 

You stood up, smiling. "I like it, looks good on you. But to be honest, anything looks good on you", you said, making her cheeks turn a light pink. She bit her lip and tugged a loose strain of hair behind her ear. "Thanks" 

"No worries... Are we done here?" you asked, and she hummed. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go pay and then we can go get something to eat" she said, and you nodded in agreement. "Yes! I'm always down for food" 

She chuckled and went to change. "I'm still surprised you can eat that much. How big is your stomach?" You huffed, taking the shopping bags in your hands. "How should I know? What question even is that...?" 

. . . . .

After paying and gaining one more shopping bag for you to carry, you went to get ramen, sitting down at a table and enjoying your food. 

"Man, this is really good!" you exclaimed, getting excited over the perfect mixture of noodles, pork, and kelp. "They put lots of onion in there too! This place is great! Why haven't I been here before?" 

You heard Nobara chuckle, looking up at her and sending her a questioning look. "I'm sorry, it's just funny seeing you get all excited over a simple bowl of ramen." She held her hand over her mouth, so she could muffle her laughter while you pouted at her. 

"It's not just a bowl of ramen, Nobara! It's the most delicious ramen I've ever tasted!" you argued, making her laugh even more. You huffed, faking being mad and trying to hide your embarrassment, quietly continuing to eat your food. 

Finishing her share, Nobara brought the bowls away as an apology and allowed you to decide where to go next. "Hobbeez, obviously! I want to buy the next Haikyuu!! Volume." You smiled as she sighed. "Alright then. To Hobbeez we go..." 

. . . . .

"Look! They even have Lovejoy here!" you nudged your friend as you looked over the EPs that were stacked in front of you, pulling out Pebble Brain by Lovejoy and holding it to her face. "That's nice" she said, "Why don't you buy it?" 

You looked at her. "I mean, I already downloaded it on my phone..." you stopped talking for a second, before you decided to buy it. For the support you thought. 

"Do you have anything you'd like, Nobara?" you asked, turning to her. She seemed to be looking at the fiction novels, too invested in searching for one to read, that she didn't even hear you talk. You went up to her and nudged her shoulder. "Yeah?", she snapped out of her thoughts."I asked if you wanted anything..." you said, glancing at the book she was grabbing from the shelf. "I would buy you something." 

She looked up at you since you were taller than her and smiled. "Really?" You nodded, taking the book out of her hands, and going to the register, paying for everything you wanted to buy.You left the shop and handed her the book. As a thank you, she hugged you, making you stiff up and blushing from the sudden affection. "Thanks, Y/N" 

"Oh, um, no problem! It's just, you already spent a lot of money on the clothes, and I just wanted to buy you something, I guess..." you trailed off, looking at her smiling face, and relaxing again.

 "So, want to go get ice cream?" she asked, and you nodded. 

. . . . .

"One strawberry and one vanilla please!" you said, paying for the treat and walking over to Nobara, who was standing in the shade of a tree, waiting for you to return. "Here you go, my lady" you jokingly bowed as she took the cup, laughing at your silliness. 

"Please stop." She said, taking the spoon into her mouth and relishing the taste of her strawberry ice cream. "Alright, alright" you laughed, leaning against the tree stump, and starting to eat as well. 

"Today was fun" she started, and you looked at her, wind blowing through her hair messing it up. You instinctively reached over to push it behind her ear, only realizing what you did when she looked at you, blush coating her cheeks. 

"Ah! I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable" you panicked, but she shushed you, putting a finger to your lips. "Don't worry, it's fine" she said, smiling. You nodded and looked at your half empty cup, too embarrassed to face her, but still smiling like an idiot. 

. . . . .

You were standing in front of Nobara's apartment building. You decided to walk her home, so she didn't have to carry all her shopping bags... and to spend a bit more time with her. 

"Thanks for accompanying me home and carrying all my bags." She said, smiling. You just shrugged and smiled back at her. "No worries, I'm used to it anyways. Someone has to get your bags home, after all." You joked, her laughing along with you. 

"Well, today was fun. We should do this again." She continued and you nodded. Then it was silent for a minute, neither of you moving to go, until she stepped closer to you, pressing a kiss on your cheek, and turning to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow in class, bye!" 

And with that the door closed and you were left there, standing alone, heart pounding in your chest and a deep blush on your face. You took a minute to comprehend what had just happened. When you did, though, you smiled and started walking home, excited to see her again the next day.