Late Nights - Yuuji Itadori

11:30 PM 

That's what your alarm said. You couldn't sleep, so you decided to play Tetris99  on your Switch to kill time. You sat on the ground, next to your bed and were so focused on winning the game, that you didn't hear the door open. You didn't notice Yuuji had come in until he sat beside you, leaning his head on your shoulder. 

"Hey..." he said, his voice quiet. For a while neither of you said anything, until you sighed, seeing the 'Game Over' sign flash over your screen. 

"Hi," you turned to him "can't sleep?" He hummed in agreement, and you turned to him, giving him a tight hug. 

"I'm tired, but my mind keeps going back to our mission today", Yuuji said, as you rubbed small circles on his back. "Did it not go well? I thought you said it was a success?" 

"It was, but I can't stop thinking about what would've happened if we didn't get there on time" he said. You pulled away and looked at Yuuji. 

 "Hey..." you started, taking his face in your hands, "everything went well. Nothing bad happened to those people, alright? You got there on time and saved them." 

"I know, but-"You shushed him, putting a finger on his lips. "No 'buts' Yuuji. Everything is fine. No one got hurt. And even if they did, it wouldn't have been your fault. You can't control what's happening. You can only-" 

"Try to prevent it, I know" He cut you off, burying his face in your neck once again. "But I just... I overthink this kind of stuff. I..." 

"I know." You said. "Remember, I'm always here for you, all you have to do is come to me." 

He nodded, silently thanking you and pulling you closer. You smiled and kissed his head, taking in his all too familiar scent of sunflowers and ramen. Weird mix, but you loved it. 

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up again. "Why are you awake? I know you value your sleep a lot, so what's keeping you from sleeping?" 

"Nothing, really. Just... I'm just a bit stressed out." 

"'Bout what?" Now it was his time to look at you with concern in his eyes. "School's just been taking a toll on me. I've put off assignments for such a long time, that it's getting difficult to get them all done. And with the increase of curses, we've got a lot on our hands..." you said.

Yuuji nodded, putting a hand on your cheek, kissing your forehead. You sighed and leaned into his touch. "I get it. Balancing Jujutsu stuff and actual schoolwork is a drag, but you can always come to ask me for help." 

He smiled at you, you smiled back. "I know, thank you." 

"No problem" He hugged you again, and like before, put his head in the crook of your neck. Soon you felt his lips pressing soft kisses on your skin and you sighed. 

"Yuuji" he hummed "not while we're sitting on the floor". At that he chuckled, sending shivers down your spine. "Alright" he stood up and pulled you with him, grabbing your waist and connecting your lips with his. 

"So needy" you joked and Yuuji huffed. "Sorry, it's been two hours since we properly kissed" You laughed "I missed you too" you smiled and kissed him again, before getting out of his hold and walking to the door. 

"Where are you going?" "I'll just grab some water from the kitchen, get comfy while I'm gone." You opened the door "And don't miss me too much" you winked, seeing his ears turn pink before leaving to get what you needed. 

. . . . .

When you stepped back into your room and closed the door, you felt two arms wrap around you. "Didn't I tell you not to miss me too much?" You asked, laughing lightly. He just grumbled in response, and you moved to sit on your bed sheets, Yuuji sitting in your lap, putting his forehead on your shoulder, while his arms cradled your waist. 

"You know, you get awfully clingy when it's late." You stated while stroking his pink locks. "But I can't say I don't like it" you sighed, moving to lay down. 

"Sorry, but I just really like being close to you" Yuuji mumbled, already drifting off to sleep. "And you're warm so that's a plus point. Also, you always smell like chocolate and summer, and I like that" He continued, pulling you closer, making you laugh again. 

"I feel the same way" you said, nuzzling closer to him and pressing another kiss on his head. "I love you" you smiled, closing your eyes. 

You felt him tighten his grip around you "I love you too" he said, and you fell asleep.