Movie Night - Junpei Yoshino

"One ticket for 'Attack of the Killer Donuts' please!" you smiled at the man at the cash register. "Oh, and a big portion of popcorn, please!" The man typed something on his small computer-thingy and looked up at you. 

"Sure thing, kid. That'll be 2000 yen. You can get your popcorn at the register next to me, my coworker will help you out." "Thanks!" You walked to where he pointed and took a package of popcorn, then you headed into the auditorium.

When you got in, the ads were already playing, and in the dim lights, you noticed that no one except a raven-haired boy, who seemed to be your age, was watching the movie. You shrugged it off and went to find your seat. 

. . . . .

The movie ended. To keep it simple, it was shit. A complete waste of money, although it was so bad, that it was good again. 'I don't know man; this is messed up

You left the cinema and looked at your phone to see that it was 5:45 PM. 'Yeah no, I won't make it to the bus.' you thought and sighed. "Um, e-excuse me?"you heard a small voice coming from behind you, so you turned around. 

 In front of you stood the same boy from the cinema. His black hair was covering one of his eyes and he had brown eyes, that looked tired. He was shorter than you, even if just a few centimeters, and seemed to be super uncomfortable just talking to you. You felt bad, so you smiled reassuringly, "Yeah? How can I help you?" 

"Um" he jolted a bit. It seemed like he didn't expect you to answer him, or he did and just didn't expect you to be nice. "You were in 'The attack of the Killer Donuts' too, right?" he continued. "Yup!" 

"How did you like it?" You looked at him. "You want my honest opinion?" He nodded. "I think it was shitty. So shitty that it was actually fun to watch some scenes. Like when the old guy ran into the shop to help the protagonists fight. Like, who does that? I'd run away. I mean..." 

"Yeah! Who'd fight donuts out of their free will, especially if you're like, 70 years old or something!" He interrupted your rant and finished your thought. He seemed super excited, and your smile grew. "Yeah! That was so dumb! But it was hilarious! Just watching the gramps beat a donut to a pulp with his stick!" Both of you laughed, and when you looked at him again you could see he was enjoying himself. 

"What's you name?" you asked. "Oh! I'm sorry, I should've introduced myself..." he said. "I'm Yoshino Junpei. It's nice to meet you!" You shook your head. "It's fine. Nice to meet you too! I'm L/N Y/N. Wanna be friends?" 

When you asked, he looked startled, and you wondered, if it was a good idea to have done that. "Sorry, was that too fast? I just thought we were getting along well, so we could hangout again?"

 "NO!" he yelled, blushing when he realized what he did. "Sorry, I mean, I'd love to! You're like, the only one that actually shares the same fascination for movies as me!" You chuckled, handing him your phone.  "Type in your number, I'll text you" 

"Oh, sure!" He smiled and eagerly gave you his digits."Alright, well I need to get home, or I'll be grounded." You grinned at him. "I'll see you soon, k?" "Yeah! See you!" You waved as you walked away from him "Bye!" 

-a few weeks later- 

-Messages with Junpei