Crimson Red (part 1) - Sukuna Ryomen

This chapter is the first of three. When I wrote this I got a biiiit carried away... haha

Anyways, this is a story where Sukuna was still a human. Since we don't know what he looked like as one, I'll just give him blonde hair like Yuuji has in the Manga, and green eyes (for story purposes)

WARNING: descriptions of blood and murder,if you're uncomfortable with that, please refrain from reading this chapter!!! 

. . . . .

Crimson Red. 

It's a nice color, that's for sure. It's the color of roses, love, fire; and the blood that flows through our veins. Even though it resembles many nice things, you could never really appreciate it. Maybe it's because it was all you could see when your parents were killed right in front of you. Maybe it's because you didn't want to share the same color of blood as those people who were behind their deaths. And maybe it's because you saw it every day, that you started to hate it. 

Yes, crimson red was all you could see. It reeked of death, and the once green hills were splattered with the liquid of life. The only thing that was still alive was you, your bloody sword in your hands, tainted with the remains of the King's soldiers. Soldiers, just like the ones who killed your parents. 

In the distance you could hear villagers crying for help. They didn't know why you did this, but they hated you for it. Why? You couldn't tell, no one 'innocent'  was hurt, and nothing was damaged. But you thought they were fools to believe the King's lies. 

Sheathing your sword, you made your way down the hill, turning your back to the dead men you had killed.This was your life. Wandering around the lands freely and killing any soldier that came your way. You hated them for what they did. You knew your village wasn't the only one they robbed. You knew that nothing would change, so you took it upon yourself to make a stand.

Your name was feared among the men."Bringer of Death" That's what they called you. It fit. It may have sounded brutal, but that was what you did. You brought death to the people who did you wrong. It was your justice. You knew that you wouldn't find peace if you died. You had killed too many, but what did you have to lose? 

A life filled with pain and emptiness and regret for your past loved ones? You couldn't have done that, even if you wanted to. So instead, you killed, feeling relief with every soul you banished from living.But you would have been lying if you claimed it wouldn't get lonely from time to time. A companion would be nice, but you knew everyone would be scared of you. 

Reaching the end of the grassy plains, where a line of trees divided the forest and grasslands, you sat down by a tree stump, and leaned your body against the wood. You were exhausted, but you couldn't sleep yet. It was too early, you had to wait until dawn. 

And that's what you did.

 Sitting there, with one leg propped up next to you, so you could put your arm on its knee. You listened to the leaves rustle as the wind swirled through them, and the birds, who were singing peacefully. Nature gave you a sense of normalcy. It felt save to you, maybe because there usually were no other human beings, but you present. 

You let out a deep sigh, realizing that the sun was setting and wanting to close your eyes to drift off to sleep, until you heard a twig snap. You listened for any more movement that could've indicated an animal running away. But there was nothing, so you spoke up. 

"Show yourself; I know someone's there. An animal would've run away by now" you said in a calm but commanding voice. And as you told them, a person stepped out of the shadows of the trees right in front of you."I apologize your... um, whatever you're doing here." The boy said, he was rather tall, with sandy blonde hair, that looked pink in the light of the setting sun. He carried a small pouch with him, so you assumed he was a traveler. 

"Don't worry, I was just resting." You spoke. "What is your business in this forest?" You searched for any weaponry he carried to possibly attack you."Oh, I was just... walking? I'm a traveler, so, yeah. That's what I do" he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. "Why are you resting here and not in the village a few miles from here?" 

"I'm not exactly welcomed there..." you admitted. "What? Why?" 

You questioned if asking him if he knew about the "Bringer of Death"was a good idea or not, but he didn't seem to have any strong weapons on him, so you could've taken him out. You decided to shoot your shot."Did you ever hear about the "Bringer of Death?" His eyebrows shot up, seemingly touching his hairline. "Don't tell me... you're that person?" You nodded. 

His eyes widened. He seemed surprised, but not scared. Maybe a bit tense. "Don't worry, I don't have any intentions of hurting you. Well, except if you decide to harm me." You said and the tension in his body seemed to fade, even if it was just by a bit. It looked like he wanted to avoid any form of conflict. 

"How about I tell you my name, so you don't have to call me by my 'nickname'?"You asked, hoping to make him feel more comfortable. He intrigued you. This boy was the first person to not run away from you, after you revealed your identity."What? I mean, um, sure?" His reply came out as more of a question than an answer and you chuckled, being amused by his reaction. 

"Well, my actual name is L/N Y/N, call me Y/N" you smiled up at him and he relaxed even more."Well, Y/N, I'm Ryomen Sukuna, call me Sukuna." he said, moving to stand in front of you. You looked up at him, tilting your head to question him. "Can I rest with you? It's getting dark, and I'd rather not die." 

"Um... sure?" you told him, and he plopped down beside you. It was awkwardly quiet for a while, until you spoke up again. "How come you're not shivering out of fear right now?"He looked at you. "Why should I? I'd say I'm pretty strong, so I have nothing to fear." Leaning his back on the tree stump as well, he put his arms behind his head as a pillow. You squinted your eyes at him. 

"Really? Then why did you tense up before, when you found out I was, well me?""Oh, that was just because I didn't want to fight you. It would probably take a good amount of time to beat you, since you kill on a daily basis and all that." He said without showing one ounce of fake confidence. So you were right?"Really?" you were still a bit skeptical. 

He smiled mischievously at you. "Really. But don't worry", he waved his hand in dismissal "I won't hurt you" he winked, and you sat there baffled."What?" you asked, needing a second to process all of the information that was given to you. "So, you're saying you're stronger than me?" He nodded, closing his eyes and sighing. 

"Probably." 

"Alright, if you think so. But you don't have any weapons on you?" you questioned him again and he hummed. "Alright, don't answer me then" you huffed, leaning back on the wood.You didn't know what you thought of this boy. He was... interesting to say the least. Claiming he was stronger than you without possessing any weapons. But you liked the change. 

Maybe you just found a companion. 

. . . . . . . . . .

That was part one of three! I am planning to make a sequel to these though, so there's actually four parts lol

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! :D