Chapter 196: The Spear That Divided The Sea II

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

Sensing the change in the atmosphere, especially the dangerous aura exuding out from the spear that Asmodeus is wielding, Lionel couldn't help but shout out is alarm as he charged down towards the crater together with Akito who felt the same sense of danger. No matter how they cant let Asmodeus use such weapon to subdue the kingdom's army itself.

Just from the thickness of the its aura, followed by the sudden rise of pressure surrounding Asmodeus, both of them felt the sense of dread from such weapon capable to any unimaginable destruction.

"Mordred! Kill him!!! We cant let him live any longer!!!"

From Lionel's strained voice, Mordred then realized the graveness of the situation as she rushes towards Asmodeus who was in his battle stance. Leaping up to the air, Mordred held her sword above her shoulder as she slashed down her weapon in full force towards her target.

But before her sword could hits its intended target, Asmodeus then stepped to the side as he dodged the slash, before he  spun around and swung up his spear towards Mordred's guts.

However Asmodeus wasn't the only one with an absurd reaction speed and mobility. Once Mordred saw her slash missed and her opponent quickly countering back, she quickly uses the weight of her swing to flip herself over, before countering back with her own attack from an impossible angle.

When Mordred did such a stunt, Amadeus quickly retracted his reach on his spear as he blocked Mordred's unimaginable angle sword swing, before he swirled his attack  across the air through and deli9vered a surprisingly fast stab aiming for Mordred's left eye.

In response to that Mordred instinctively tilted her head to the side to dodged the quick stab, before knocking away the spear away from her face using her sword.

Following that Asmodeus quickly pulled back his spear from being knocked away as he rapidly rushed in numerous stabs in incredible speed. If a person doesn't have an excellent reaction speed to react to the speed that Asmodeus was attacking, any ordinary person would then be stab right through its skull as he or she would die a miserable death. Luckily for Mordred her instinct were truly on a whole new level, thus dodging such speedy attacks was nothing for her.

However even thought she posses such talent for battle, the speed on which Asmodeus is attacking kept increasing by every thrust. Soon after Asmodeus attacks were too fast that Mordred then begun having a hard time blocking, dodging , and parrying his attacks. With an increasing stockpile of tension, Mordred then chose to jump away from the range of the attack as she retreated back for a couple of distance away from her opponent.

Unfortunately Asmodeus was relentless, once Mordred got out of his range, he then gathered black and blue mana to the tip of his spear and launched an range mana strike forward towards Mordred from the distance.

With the sudden burst of attack, Mordred barely dodged the strike as its after effect of the mana strike, blasted out a gorge from behind Mordred. At that a huge chunk of earth was blasted away from just a simple mana strike. From this example alone, one can imagine just how devastating the attack were and if Mordred were to chose to block it, she was confident that her arms would be blown away from the force of the attack.

"You dodged that?" Asked by Asmodeus with clear surprise in his stern face

"Th-that's one heck of an attack" commented by Mordred as she could feel herself shaking upon seeing the result of the mana strike

While Mordred was still dazed by barely surviving such devastating attack, Akito then quickly entered the area together with Lionel as they fought Asmodeus with the support of Diva from afar.

"Song of Calmness!!! Song of speed!!! Song of power!!!"

With the first song Mordred's mental state then begun to stabilize from the earlier shock, from the second song, all three of them got a boost on their speed, from the third song all three of them have their power pump up to another degree.

Using such supporting skills to its advantage, Akito then delivered his initial strike.

"Tomura's First offensive sword form Wansutoraiku (One strike)"

Sensing the arrival of the other enemies, Asmodeus swung his spear to connect with Akito's attack as he completely neutralized the destructiveness of the attack using an unusual means of redirecting the force towards its surroundings. 

"Talon strike!!!"

After neutralizing Akito's initial attack, he then dodged Lionel's overhead kick by ducking down his head before he took a small leap back and smashed down his spear towards the letter who barely blocked it with its arms.

After knocking down Lionel to the ground, Asmodeus quickly circled around the grounded opponent as he begun attacking Akito with spear 10 spear strikes in just one breath.

Aside from blocking the minority of the speed attack, Akito couldn't even imagine dodging those attacks that he can barely follow it through his sight. Due to that scratches and wounds soon appeared all over his body as he barely able to block some fatal strikes.

When Asmodeus finished his ten consecutive spear strike, he then tried to fling away Akito's sword, only to be seen through by the latter and prevent him from doing so as he pleases.

Quickly pulling back his sword  out of reach from Asmodeus spear, Akito then spun to the side as he used another one of his technique at his disposal in order to contend with Asmodeus absurd attacks.

"Tomura's Third offensive sword form Ken no Nami (Sword Wave)"

Having Asmodeus forcefully dodged that sudden attack, Akito then quickly stepped forward as he chain his attack one after another.

"Tomura's Second Tactical Sword Form Sakura no odori (Dance of the cherry blossom)"

Rushing in a type of sword dance towards Asmodeus, Akito then slowly pushes him back by every step as he kept continuing his barrage of attack. However just as he thought he was getting the upper hand, Asmodeus then easily broke his momentum as he disrupted his combo in between and knocked him  straight to the chest using the other end of the spear.

Having him stunned for a few seconds, Asmodeus then quickly followed up a kick to his side, causing Akito to be thrown to the side clutching his aching side.

Breathing out to calm his nerves, Asmodeus then faced the other people who started recover their wits from having either being stunned or grounded.

Once both Mordred and Lionel got up from the ground, they then placed themselves in their battle stance as they positioned  for a charge. At the same time Asmodeus went into battle stance once more as he readied himself for any counter contingencies.

With both sides ready to engage in combat once more, they then slowly  took their first step forward as no words were spared while charging towards each other.