Chapter 194: Break

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As the battle between Lionel and Asmodeus raged on, Diva on the other hand continued to give out her supporting spells through the use of her songs. Despite growing sore on her throat, she never did once back down till her voice grow coarse, after all as long as she held her place, Lionel would not lose against Asmodeus.

Of course that what she believes in. Nevertheless upon retrieving its weapon, Asmodeus attacks just simply grew fiercer as Lionel barely held his stance. Even though Lionel is still able to sneak some few attacks in between Asmodeus offense, he is mostly on some parts only defending for his life.

Soon after in the midst of the battle between them, Asmodeus finally caught up to him in terms attack speed as he his scythe literally dealt a huge cut on his arms in just one slash, causing blood to spurt out in his surroundings.

Seeing that Lionel started to bleed, Diva quickly added a casted a supporting song as she decided to aid him with a healing spell of her own. However such healing spell isn't that potent as the spells of a real healer. Due to that the healing that Lionel was undergoing, couldn't keep up to the amount of wounds that Asmodeus inflict.

When Asmodeus finally blasted Lionel off his feet using a type of an offensive spell, he then quickly closes in as he plans to completely decapitate his opponent even before he could turn the tides around. However before the blade of his scythe could even land a hit on Lionel's neck, Mordred  suddenly cam in from above as she plunged down his sword against the scythe and completely burrows its tip to the ground.

The moment this happened, both Asmodeus and Lionel quickly shifted their focus towards Mordred as each of them shared their own thoughts of the sudden intrusion of a thirds party person. For Asmodeus he thought of it as an irritating intervention, but for Lionel this intrusion actually saved his life.

"Mordred!"

"Sup Muscle head!"

"Every time!!! First it was that first it was that illusionist, then the summoner, next this fighter, and now you? what's wrong with you people? you keep intruding at the very deciding factor of the battle!!!" Grumbled by Asmodeus in displeasure as he used force to retrieve back his scythe and blew off Mordred

"He's more tenacious than i thought, Be careful!" warned by Lionel

"Whatever! Juts stand back if your injured... Its our turn to fight this bastard" claimed by Mordred

Hearing her words, Lionel couldn't help but smile. But upon hearing a certain term in her phrasing, he then quickly turned his gaze towards her and asked.

"Our?"

In that moment as if answering his question, Akito then suddenly came in from Behind Asmodeus as he slashed out his sword directly towards his target's neck. But as if sensing his hostility, Asmodeus himself ducked down to doge his surprise attack as he quickly countered back with a slash from his scythe.

In response to that Akito fought back with his own slash as his blade clashed against the blade of Asmodeus scythe, Thus completely blowing them away from each other.

"Looks like this is our ill fated rematch" said by Akito as he took his stance

"... You!!!"

Recognizing the face of his new opponent, Asmodeus simply grit his teeth in anger as he quickly sent out a wave slash towards Akito, while blasting out a huge magnitude of spells towards him.

From that Akito simply stayed calm in the situation as he plans to defend from such an attack.

"Tomura's First defensive sword form Tamari Mizu (Still Water)"

Completely neutralizing all of the attacks rained down towards him no matter how strong they are, Mordred then swiftly rushes in from such an opening as she brandished her sword and slammed it towards Asmodeus after her initial leap, forcing the latter to defend.

Following her Akito also rushed in from behind Asmodeus in that single gap, as he slashed his sword towards his target's back. However Asmodeus quickly realizes their intent as he pushed off Mordred with his own spell using wind force, as he directly deflected Akito's offensive with a rotating swipe from his scythe.

But the onslaught didn't end there, quickly following the flow of his momentum, Akito spun around as he did a small leap into the air while slashing down his attack towards his target's shoulder. Unfortunately this too was foreseen by Asmodeus as he quickly uses a short teleportation spell to quickly b link him a few feet away from Akito.

But the moment he appeared in a new spot Mordred quickly aimed for his head, forcing him to dodge that initial attack, as he continues to dodged the other follow up swings from her sword. After dodging for what seems her 4th swing, Asmodeus countered back with a swing of his own, which was unexpectedly avoided by Mordred by a hairs breath as she knocked away the scythe, before coming in for a close counter slash. Due to that Asmodeus then had no choice but to blink away once more.

 This time when he appeared in a new place, Lionel quickly rushes in close as he sent a triple fist strike towards him upfront. Due to that Asmodeus held his scythe vertically to block all of Lionel's attack, before countering back with a sneak blast from his spell to blow him away once more.

But once Lionel got blown away again, Mordred then suddenly threw her sword towards his direction, forcing him to deflect away her sword with a slash and blow it back up to the air. But once the sword was in mid air, Mordred too0k a huge leap into the air as she caught her sword from high above, before diving down with a slash using gravity for its momentum.

Once more Asmodeus was forced on the defensive as he blocked that dive slash from Mordred before pushing her away and blocking another surprise attack from Akito.

"Tomura's Fourth offensive sword form 23-Pon no hakai no ken (23 swords of destruction)"

With 23 attacks flying in towards him in a single breath, Asmodeus has no choice but to use his spear to defend it from the rain of attack, causing the weapon to slightly show signs of breaking apart from the continued stress of pressuring attack.

The moment the scythe showed signs of breaking apart, shock instantly filled Asmodeus face as he couldn't believe what he was seeing. With the pressure from their attacks kept piling up, it was then only natural for his scythe to break. If the fight goes on in this kind of momentum and environment where each attack from his opponent kept dealing force enough to break an ordinary hard object, it was then assured that it wont be long till the weapon finally gives in.

As if not missing such a chance, Akito quickly followed up his previous move as he slashed down his sword.

"Tomura's First offensive sword form Wansutoraiku (One strike)"

In that moment Asmodeus scythe finally broke into two as a huge cut coarse across his body and blood spilled out to the surroundings. At that moment the tide of battle finally changes for the better.