Chapter 183: Uphill Battle V

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

Slashing his sword in three different ways, Akito then quickly came forward in just a few steps as he directed all of his slashes towards all of the blind spots that he is currently fighting against. Unfortunately the cult member that he currently fighting against isn't an ordinary person at all, as it actually was able to predict Akito's strike and effectively parry all of it with his own dual blade.

After getting parried, Akito then took one step backward on his right as he held his sword below his waist and delivered a rising slash from below. This time however his opponent quickly dodged the attack by summersaulting backwards, before throwing in his twin blade towards him in midair.

Due to that Akito then had no choice but to quickly parry the blades with a dual slash  back towards his opponent, as he bent forward and rushed up towards him in a quick dash. At that same moment his opponent then quickly landed on the ground in a crouching position as he successfully caught his twin blades in the air and charged forward once more.

For both Akito and his opponent, backing away is out of the question. In fact just by showing signs of retreat was already a taboo in a battle of such caliber, thus no matter what happens, they have to keep running forward

"Haaaaahhhhh!!!!!"

"Haaaahhhhhh!!!!"

As both of them cried out their battle cries, both of them had already exchanged about ten clashes of sword and blade in just a single breath. When they reach their 20th clash,  Akito then effectively pulled back his sword in order to dodge his opponent's strike, as he spun below the waist angle and directed a slash right across his opponents arm.

In that mere moment his opponent then writhed in pain as he quickly casted a spell to heal his injury, while raising  a leg as he face towards Akito's direction and kicked him away to get a distance in between them.

"Intermediate Heal!!!"

While rolling on the ground due to having been kicked, Akito then was able to see his opponent immediately healing himself as he gritted his teeth in annoyance as he cant afford to have this battle a protracted one. Thus without any delay he forcefully stopped his roll as he crouched once more before charging forward.

However this time his opponent became wary of him as he slashed out magic attack to obstruct Akito's way

"Shockwave!!! Shockwave!!!! Shockwave!!!"

Upon seeing three attacks heading towards his direction, Akito then placed his sword aligned towards his sight as he used another one of his sword skills.

"Tomura's First defensive sword form Tamari Mizu (Still Water)"

In a one single stroke of his sword, Akito was able to nullify all of the ranged attacks that was headed his way as he charged forward while clinging unto the handle of his sword. On the other hand when his opponent saw that Akito had easily nullified all of his obstructions, his face was then written in panic as he hastily let go of his healing and readied himself for the assault.

Enhancing his battle prowess, that particular cult member then charged forth as he swiftly slashed out his dagger.

"Enhance Reaction!!! Enhance Movement!!! Enhance Strength!!! Piercing strike!!!"

In counter to this, Akito then quickly tilted his head to the side to dodge the strike aiming for his head, as he swiftly slashed out his sword right underneath his opponent. However this time his opponent didn't  back away nor blocked his sudden attack, but instead it quickly took ahold of his swinging shoulder as it immediately inserted a force on it's palm to lift it's whole body off the ground using Akito's arm as a supporting platform and barely dodging the swing in a hair's breath.

While flipped over, the cult member then quickly rotated his whole body in mid air as he straight up kicked Akito's face square on his cheek. Coupled with it's enhanced strength, Akito was then blown away by the force of the kick causing his whole body to suddenly feel numb from the attack.

Quickly recovering from the kick, Akito then tumbled backwards to stabilized his footing, as he spat out a mouthful of blood coming from his mouth before charging once more towards his own opponent.

This time with emotions full of anger, he charged once more as he slashed his sword towards his own opponent. Just like what happened in the previous exchange, All of his attack was easily blocked by his opponent seemingly as if reading his own movement. Nevertheless he still persisted on as he continued his chain of attack towards it.

While Akito was being persistent in his attacks, his opponent on the other hand found Akito to be truly a troublesome opponent, as he felt like Akito himself was getting used towards his movement. If the battle continues on, he feel like he would be in the disadvantage in terms of speed, power, and intuition. That is the reason why Akito's opponent have been aiming for the kill as the fight goes on.

"Crisscross Slash!!!!"

Growing impatient the cult member then launched an all out attack towards Akito, forcing the latter to quickly take on the defensive. After all he couldn't let Akito always take the initiative to attack, if he wanted to win even for a tiniest bit, he needed to take away Akito's momentum and convert it to his own.

Unfortunately this time Akito had clearly felt the irritation of his opponent, even though he is currently getting pushed back with every strike of the twin blade, Akito somehow could clearly see multiple opening popping out in a short brief of time. If he could somehow manage to even strike one of them, he is then sure that he could end this quick paced battle.

To be able to accomplish such a feat wherein he needed to strike the opening which showed up about 0.001 every second, all he needed is pure concentration while keeping up against his opponent. Even thought its not easy due to the fact that it needed a huge concentration to accomplish such task which will strain the brain, Akito was still determined to do such a thing. No matter what he must not miss.