Chapter 189: The Semi Boss III

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

"I remember you!  Your the guy that i thrashed back then, i didn't expect for you to be still alive"

In face of Asmodeus words of surprise, Shun on the other hand felt bitter as he remembers that particular event that happened not too long ago. After all throughout that battle that happened in the capital, he was immediately taken out of the picture which risked Sephiria's safety,.

Not only did he lose badly, he even endangered Sephiria's life. Such an event was a complete blunder in his life that he wouldn't be able to forget.

In fact he thought that he have grown stronger after he have won the tournament back at the six academy tournament, after all he did defeat both Akito and Lorius  who he considered as strong people. But never did he expect to meet more challenging opponent outside of the academy grounds, thus resulting to his defeat.

Shun even admit that he have grown complacent and comfortable during the days since his victory and ability to summon champions. With the power to grow stronger due to a inhabit system and summon variety of champions in Runeterra, Shun then thought that no one can outmatched him as long as he plays his cards right.

Truth be told he even thought that growing stronger using a system and summoning champions was already a broken skill, never did he expect that using ancients magic was even more broken than what he currently have.

Indeed Summoning magic is some kind of a special magic, but it never was truly special in comparison to magic consisting of ancient concepts, astral, and reality bending  properties. With hundreds and theoretically thousands of special magic, summoning magic is just a speck of dust in the sea of unending probability. It was never special to begin with, it was only because of the terminology of humans that made it special.

With that, Shun then glared back towards Asmodeus as he made up his mind to pay him back for what he did to Sephiria.

"Well maybe a miracle had happened during your absence"

"A miracle? Fine lets call it like that... but since you are here, i assume that your here for the sake of revenge for what i did to your little girlfriend?"

"Hell yeah i am"

"Hah! I see... well to be honest your little girlfriend was much more entertaining than you, she actually held herself really well against me"

"Is that a compliment or an insult?"

"You can take it either way, nevertheless it doesn't change a fact that i will have to properly finish you here... in comparison to my strength, yours is nothing"

"Big words, we'll see about that!"

"Hahahaha! Quite arrogant aren't you? If you cant even defeat me when I'm at my weakest, how do you expect to beat me now that I've gone stronger?"

"..."

Hearing Asmodeus words, Shun was then silent for a little moment as he plans to get rid of Asmodeus using his own action and not his words. After all action speaks louder than words.

"A silent treatment? How co-"

Before Asmodeus could finish his sentence, Shun then zipped right infront of him as he struyck down his Botrk on his left towards the former, forcing him to cuts his own words short and block it with his scythe. With a clash Shun's Botrk had crashed unto Asmodeus scythe as sparks flew all over the place due to the two blades colliding against each other.

Not taking any chances for Asmodeus to recover and push him back, Shun then materializes Rapid Fire Cannon on his his right and swept it over towards the latter's face in a 0 point blank range. Pulling the trigger for his RFC a red bullet blasted out of the item's nozzle in an incredible speed, forcing Asmodeus to instinctively dodge the attack by tilting his head to the side the moment that the gun was pointed towards him. 

But due to him tilting his head, The strength on his arms which were holding his scythe has diminished by a few force, allowing Shun to push away the scythe by brushing pass his Botrk across the air. Afterwards Shun then once more pointed his RFC towards Asmodeus and begun his rapid firing of bullet towards him in a few seconds.

In a single breath, Shun had fired 6 rounds towards Asmodeus, forcing the latter to jump back and held up his hand in front of him to create a water barrier in between them. Due to the bullets packing quite a force upon its firing, Asmodeus deemed necessary to crate a barrier in between them in order to protect himself from being pierce through by a bullet.

The moment he was occupied on blocking Shun's attacks, Merlin suddenly appeared beside him as he struck down his gold sword towards Asmodeus Scythe just like Shun, before firing off a mana beam from the tip of his staff towards the target, thus blowing back the said person by a few feet.

When he got pushed back by Merlin's attack, Asmodeus instinctively raised up his hand to the side in an immediate notice as he saw Shun firing another six round towards him and not giving any time to catch his breath. With this act alone, Asmodeus realized that he was being trapped in a situation of 2v1 by both Shun and Merlin.

He's not even sure how this act would benefit the two, But since such a thing was happening, He was then sure that both of them had an intent to finish him off.

Gritting his teeth, Asmodeus swung down his scythe towards the approaching Merlin, forking the person himself to take on the defensive, while he dodged Shun upcoming six rounds and  sending back a counter attack in a form of wave slash towards him.

Due to that both Shun and Merlin's offensive came to a halt for a few seconds giving Asmodeus a small gap to turn everything in his favor. With a smile Asmodeus then struck down Merlin in a quick maneuver as he occasionally send out long ranged attack towards Shun to force the person himself to either dodge his attack or block it and prevent him from aiding Merlin.

With such strategy, Asmodeus was able to keep tabs on both Shun and Merlin as he dealt blows to each of them in this 2v1 confrontation.