Chapter 179: Uphill Battle

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As blue lightning crackle across the darken sky above their heads, while also being obviously summoned by a huge magic circle above the battlefield. Blue thundering beam of light then descended upon the army and elites of the kingdom, as each every person themselves used their own ways and methods to protect themselves from such a huge scale spell.

While the soldiers casted their shield, mages chanting their barriers, elites enhancing their evasion, Merlin on the other hand casted a huge dome around 0.5 kilometer to erect a dome barrier to protect everyone that is near him. 

"Gate of Eden!"

The moment the thunderous light struck Merlin's barrier, the person himself gruntled in pain as he bit his lips to endure the impact that he was receiving. Even Diva and Lionel were worried for Merlin's condition upon seeing his situation. To soothe his pain and lessen the burden on him, Diva then begun her chanting song as a songstress to buff up Merlin Condition.

"Song of Clarity!!!"

As Diva sang  her enhancing spell in ancient magic literature, the effects of such song naturally showed as Merlin's condition suddenly lighten up as if he was being buffed.

Not long after the thunderous strike ended, Merlin's barrier slowly dissipates into thin air as he went down on his knees as he clearly exhausted from maintaining the barrier's dexterity. But before they could even enjoy their success from successfully defending from the attack, the clouds suddenly roared up once more as it struck down another thunderous beam towards them. In that moment everyone knew that the huge scale spell wasn't finished just yet.

"Watch out!!! It isn't over yet!"

The one who shout out such a warning was Captain Kalego himself, but the moment he alarm the others, the spell then naturally devastated the land as it blew everyone away off their feet. Even Merlin and Shun was flung into the air causing both of them to crash down unto the ground face first, while Lionel on the other hand took Diva's hand and pulled her away from harm. As for Mordred and Akito, they naturally took an immediate cover the moment they sensed the attack.

Upon seeing everyone being blasted away, the battle mages that summoned such an attack naturally laughed their ass out as they mocked the kingdom's troops from getting hit buy their spell.

"Kahahahaha! Take that! That's  what you get for messing with us"

"Die! Die! Die!"

"Its so fun seeing them being rag dolled!!!"

"Bwahahaha! Keep blasting them! They deserve such treatment!!!"

While the cult members from afar were laughing at the troops of the kingdom, some of the cult members on the other  hand quickly formed troops from their circle as they flanked the Kingdom's army while they were still being down. Due to9 this both sides then quickly met each other as they started their bloody battle.

Seeing the cult members rushing in from the right, Mordred gritted her teeth in anger from being rag dolled by the spell, as she clenched her hold on her sword and released her terrifying aura in a form of red lightning.

With a clicked of her tongue she charged out towards the enemy's ranks in incredible speed while dodging the enemies spell, to the point that she was too fast that the member in front of the group could not even finish casting the name of his spell despite using a chant less magic.

"Fire bol-!!!"

With a huge upward swing of her sword, Mordred instantly cut down the first enemy in front of her as she jumped into the air and cuss at the enemy's ranks before slamming down her sword in the middle of the enemy's formation blowing everyone away.

"Come at me you bastards!!!"

In full force Mordred followed up her attack as she swings her sword for a full 360 degrees, quickly taking out another 4 enemies around her. After that with a charge she then begun her rampage in the enemy's ranks, as she took on about16 of them all on her own.

As Mordred took responsibility on their groups right, both Lionel and Diva on the other met with the enemies on their left. However since Diva isn't much of a fighter but rather a support type of combatant, Lionel then couldn't help but take on the enemy forces all on his own, after all everyone all around the battlefield are already pre occupied with their own opponents. Even the forest where they came from was filled with war cries, clashes, and scream as the battle goes on.

"Diva! Support the whole army! Leave this side to me!"

"Alright!"

As Diva then immediately widen her range from her group towards the whole battlefield in a split second, she then begun her another tier song which would aid the army in their battles.

"Song of war! Song of Dexterity! Song of the Mind!"

With the song of war, Diva will be able to enhance the battle prowess of all her allies. With the song of dexterity, Diva will be able to provide a temporary barrier armor towards her own allies to keep them safe. With the song of the mind, Diva would be able to calm her allies thoughts to enable them to make clear decisions in battle.

Singing three songs at the same time naturally takes a toll in Diva's body, but since they are in the middle of a huge battle, she naturally had to give her all as a member of the elite force of the kingdom.

With such a support, the battle naturally tipped towards in favor to the kingdom and the cult members naturally took notice of this, as such some of the officers then gave out a command towards the members to take out the songstress in the kingdom's ranks.

"Take out their songstress!!!"

"Hurry!!!"

As some of the cult members aimed their spell towards Diva in a form of Firebolt, Wind spear, Air shot, and Stone Bullet, Shun on that split second then appeared before Diva using a flash as he took out a Hextech Gunblade from his systems store and activated one spell to block all incoming attacks.

"Wind Wall!!!"

*********

Hextech Gunblade

+80 ability power

+40 attack damage

UNIQUE – LIGHTNING BOLT: Instantly deal 175 − 253 (based on level) (+ 30% AP) magic damage and slow the target enemy by 40% for 2 seconds (40 (shared with other Hextech items) second cooldown; 700 range).

UNIQUE: Heals for 15% of all damage dealt. Area damage and pet damage only heals 5% for every unit affected.

*********

Following that Shun opened up his summoning book as he summoned 4 champions from within it.

"Summon! Evelynn! Ryze! Sylas! Lux!"

As the four champions appeared before him, Shun then gave out his order.

"Assist everyone on the battlefield, Take down as many Cult members you encounter, even if you have to kill them, after that you can return back into the book"