Episode 5: Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Start from the beginning

"He certainly doesn't look like the poetic type," Misty says.

The man walks over to them and says, "Did I mention how grateful I am?"

"Yeah. Um, anyway, why were the Zubat attacking you, mister?" Mew asks.

The man gasps and says, "Never call me mister! My name is Seymour. Seymour the Scientist. Knowledge. Research. I'm Seymour the Scientist!"

The three humans and two Pokemon look at Seymour with confused expressions.

Mew then asks, "Um, so, why were the Zubats attacking you?"

"Follow me, I'll show you," Seymour says.

The group enters the cave and walks deep inside. They notice that lights are on the ceiling and lighting up the whole cave.

"See? The cave is all lit up inside. Somebody has strung these lights through the whole cave. But the Pokemon in this cave need the dark. These lights are upsetting them and making them confused," Seymour says.

"Which is probably why the Zubat left the cave and attacked you," Brock suspects.

Seymour turns his head and says, "Look here. These Paras are planting their mushrooms everywhere."

The group turns their heads to see the orange grab Pokemon, Paras are putting their mushrooms on the ground.

"And the hot lights are drying up these Sandshrew," Seymour adds.

And they see the Sandshrew laying down and looking weak.

"Poor Sandshrew," Mew says worried.

Mew hurries to the Sandshrew and kneels down to it. Mew then brings a water bottle with a cup, an Oran Berry, and some Pokemon food. Mew pours the water in the cup and presents it to Sandshrew.

"Here, it will make you feel better," Mew says.

The Sandshrew then drinks the water and feels a little better and is able to stand up.

"Here's an Oran Berry and some Pokemon food for you," Mew says.

The Sandshrew then eats the Oran Berry and the Pokemon food, and feels good as new.

"Sandshrew," (Thank you.)

Mew happily says, "You're welcome."

"Wow! Your friend has a way with Pokemon, and I never seen anyone who is this caring," Seymour says.

"That's Mew alright, helping Pokemon in need," Misty says.

Then Seymour grows concern, "Still, that's why I'm here. On patrol to protect the mountain from the troublemakers' attacks against these caves.

"Troublemakers? Why attack a cave?" Misty asks.

Seymour turns to the group, "I'm afraid it's because of the Moon Stone."

"The Moon Stone?" Mew asks.

"Exactly," Seymour says.

Then explains, "The Moon Stone is an awesome boulder, a million years old or even older. Deep in these caves the meteor hides, though no explorer has found the place of the legendary rock from space. We've studied it's fragments for many an hour, and discovered it increases a Pokemon's power. And that is why the attackers are here. They've come to take the Moon Stone, or so I fear."

"So the troublemakers are after it," Mew asks.

Seymour nods his head, "Yes. Ever since I was a little boy, I've believed that Pokemon came to Earth from outer space."