Chapter 4: The half truth

Magsimula sa umpisa

Am I sick? Am I dying?

In response, my uncle let out a gentle sigh and slowly made his way to a nearby chair taking a seat. As he removed his suit, I couldn't help but notice the toned physique underneath, evidence of his dedication to fitness.

He looked at me and pointed to a chair next to his indicating I should take a seat. The room fell into a heavy silence as I took a seat in the chair next to Uncle J. The tension in the air was intangible, and I could feel a mix of emotions swirling within me. Aunt May's nod gave me the courage to continue, and I turned my head towards Uncle J, waiting anxiously for his words, it was if time stood still with each passing moment amplifying the weight of the impending revelation.

"Red, have you noticed anything unusual happening to you recently?" He asked, catching me off guard. I was expecting straightforward explanation, not a quiz.

"No, not really" I hesitated, recalling the sudden shock that had jolted me earlier today. " Actually, this morning I was hit by this insane shock wave right at the doorstep, and then again at College, when I was leaving the reception."

There was a moment of silence, and I could feel the weight of uncertainty in the air.

" It's not something to worry about, right?" I asked, desperately seeking reassurance.

"Red," He began, " There's something I need to tell you, I know, it may sound crazy, but trust me, it's the truth." I nodded my head in agreement, urging him to continue.

"Your parents weren't human, and neither are you." He revealed, leaving me stunned and confused.

" Huh?" I uttered, struggling to comprehend his words.

"I mean, you are not from this world." He clarified, sensing my confusion.

Not human? I always thought that was just a metaphor people used to say in highschool.

"I know it sounds crazy-"

"It's worse than crazy, it's insane and totally absurd." I responded, standing up from the chair and turned to Aunt May, hoping for some reassurance. She seemed tense, and my desperation grew.

"Aunt, please tell me this is a joke." I pleaded, my grip tightening on her arms as I tried to shake off the shock.

She remained silent, her expression revealing her own internal struggle.
"Please, tell this man that he's lying and that I'm completely normal." I implored, desperately seeking some sense of normalcy in this bewildering situation.

"It's true, Red." Aunt May confirmed, her voice filled with sadness and understanding.

" What?" I gasped, feeling my soul being pulled out of my body in that moment. In that shock, I quickly let go of her hands and took a few steps back, trying to process everything.

"Red," She tried reached out to touch my arm, but I stopped her. "Don't." I whispered, my voice trembling with disbelief.

Looking at both my aunt and uncle, I felt a wave of emotions crashing over me. Confusion, betrayal, anger, and now, a profound sense of despair.

I don't know what to do. How could so much be revealed to me on my birthday? Did the universe have some cruel vendetta against me? Haven't I already endured enough suffering?

Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably, I couldn't hold them back any longer. Desperately trying to wipe away a few years, I made a feeble attempt to escape the situation by running upstairs. But just as I was about to reach the top, my uncle's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Stop."

In that instant, my legs seemed to betray me, freezing in place on the staircase. It was as if my uncle had some mysterious power over me, Just like when he told me to sleep and I obediently did.

The theories swirling in my mind were all negative. My heart raced as I considered the weight of his words. It was hard to wrap my mind with the idea that he was telling the truth.

He's not human.

"I hope you can now believe me,"He cleared his throat. From the angle I could see, Aunt May lack of surprise only deepened my confusion. It was as though she knew this was coming.

"Now you choose," I turned my head to face him, preparing myself to hear what he had to say.

"I release you and you hear what I have to say, or you stand here and I leave, and trust me, your legs won't like it, nor will your Aunt May." He said.

I felt trapped, cornered into a situation where I had no choice but to listen. The unspoken threat in his words loomed over me, a reminder that my legs would pay if I didn't comply.

With a heavy sigh, I nodded silently agreeing to the first choice. It was a decision made out of necessity, fueled with the fear of what could happen if I didn't.

"Move,"

He said, and I felt my legs move once again. As I cautiously made my way downstairs, my heart still racing from everything. I took a seat next to Aunt May. The room felt heavy with tension as though the truth that had been revealed har somehow changed the atmosphere.

He settled back to his seat, a sense of relaxation seemed to wash over him. With a calm demeanor, he leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs, ready to have a conversation.

"Let's try to understand each other if we want this relationship to work, okay?" He said, his words carrying a hint of authority.

Then he dropped the bombshell:

" Like I said before, Your parents were not technically human, Red. Infact you're the first hybrid between a hunter and dark witch" I stared at him in utter confusion, feeling lost and bewildered.

It was at that moment, that I realized my birthday had taken an unexpected turn, becoming a day of shocking revelations.

Just great.

~~~~~~~~

| Hope you enjoyed this Chapter |