//29//:Emotional Turmoil

Start from the beginning

"You must be famished. Let's move to the dining table please. Lunch is ready!" Amma announced as we sprung up to our feet and headed to the dining table.

"Arianna, where's Harisa and Tareeq?" I questioned as I took my seat, unfortunately I was next to Jerkilace.

"We're here!" The two chorused as they took there respective seats.

"Ya Farooq! I missed you so much!" Harisa squealed giving him a bone crushing hug. He was way taller than her so he just pat her head like a puppy. It's so obvious that he doesn't know how to display affection one bit. I'm not stunned at all.

"My pleasure." He replied with a resting face.

"You're supposed to shout and give me a piggyback ride." She whined like a five year old.

"I'm Farooq not Betty." He vocalised taking his seat.

"My one and only favorite brother!" Tareeq said out loud as he sat down.

"I'm your only brother. I sent three hundred thousand Naira to your account, what do you want again?"He nonchalantly spoke not even sparing his brother a glance. Tareeq is only sweet to him when he wants something. Money that is.

"Come on bro, put a bit of enthusiasm will you?"

"I'm good."

"Arianna let's turn his room, study and parlor into our hang out? Don't you think?" Tareeq said to get his attention which he did immediately. He shot daggers from our side to theirs. I muffled a chortle down.

"I know right. We could redecorate it into something bright and light hues." She replied stuffing a spoonful of fried rice into her mouth.

"And put a lot more bright furnitures and lightings." Tareeq chortled. I heard he hates bright colored places. He prefers darker shades of colors than bright ones. In my opinion, the darkness will be in perfect sync with his heart.

"You both must have a death wish, huh?" His eyes abysmal and daring. He glares as though he wants to murder someone. Arianna and Tareeq took that as their cue to take a pause because of the fear they had for their elder brother.

The man owns apartments, estates and a penthouse in Abuja, three penthouses in New York and a house in Los Angeles. I'm not sure about his other properties though. But my question is, if he's this rich then how rich is his own father? Don't ask me how I know, it's all Mimi's deed.

"They were just joking around, normal people do that once in a while." I tried reasoning with the monster next to me but heck I knew it wouldn't end well.

"I can't remember asking for your opinion. Stop poking your nose into other people's business."He shot not lifting an eyelid away from his phone.

"I can't remember asking for your permission." I shot back in less than a second. His eyes pierced into mine then moved back to his plate of food.

"That's enough! The food will get cold, eat up." Amma deadpanned. We all kept mum as we ate in silence. Desert was later brought which was vanilla ice cream. Everyone took theirs except Farooq.

I had to be nosy again, what choice do I have? That's just the type of person I am. "Your ice cream will melt, eat."

He ignored me and continued typing whatever he was typing down in his phone. Should've just minded my business. "He doesn't take vanilla ice cream." Harisa shared, adjusting her brown T-shirt so it won't get tainted by the ice cream.