Twenty

"Welcome to my humble apartment," I say and point my arm toward my living room. I take my shoes off and she is already walking around the kitchen. 

"Wow Y/n, I didn't know you lived in this nice apartment," She says and looks at me. 

"Yeah, well my mother paid for it when I decided to study down here, and well I've never really complained about it," I explain and walk over to my fridge. "Water?" I ask her. 

"Sure, thanks. Wait, so even though you had this place at your disposal you decided to live on campus?" She asks me and grabs the glass of water from the counter. 

"Well, campus and your place but yeah, pretty much, plus my mother and Jason lived here while I stayed with Lizzie and Matt," I tell her, and she gives me a look of We are not gonna talk about that.

I give her a tour of the whole apartment and show her where the bathroom is so she can shower, I give her a set of towels and let her do her thing. And while it takes everything in me to stay in the living room and not join her I hang in and sit in awkward silence on my couch staring out the window waiting for her to finish. 

After fifteen minutes she walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her hair, the redness in her face has faded and her normal skin tone is back. "Thank you for letting me use your shower," She smiles and joins me on the couch. 

"I was thinking, do you wanna go skiing tomorrow or do you not know how to do that either?" I joke and laugh at her inability to ice skate. 

She looks offended at my little joke and places her hand on her chest and gives off a sarcastic laugh "We are in the middle of New York, where in the world would we go skiing?" She asks me, I pull my phone out and open safari before handing it to her. 

"Windham Mountain, Windham New York," I say and look at her. "And we can either stay there overnight or just go home after," I add and walk back to the kitchen to grab a bag of chips. 

"I don't know, Y/n you just got home and we still haven't talked and I don't know if it's a good idea," She says and hands me my phone back. 

"And I get that, but I honestly think it's a very bad excuse, I'm a grown woman, I can decide whether or not I'm equipped to go skiing with my friend or not, and we can talk tomorrow night, after skiing," I smile and plop down next to her and grab a handful of chips. 

mhm, Is the only thing coming out of her mouth before she sighs and runs her fingers through her hair. "If we are gonna go skiing, you're going to tell Lizzie or Matthew for the only reason that I don't need to be the only one knowing where you are," 

"That's fair, I'll call them in the car tomorrow," 

"And, I don't care if we are friends, I will not be kissing, inappropriately touching, showering, or in any way making any sexual or intimate advances towards you, and I expect you to do the same," She demands as I very slowly and annoyingly chew on a chip to drown out what she just said. "Y/n, I'm being serious," She dictates and points her finger at me. 

"Right! I get it, no sex. I wouldn't sleep with my friends anyway so there isn't any problem there. Well, that's a lie, I will no longer sleep with my friends," I correct myself and she looks at me concerned. 

"Okay then, tomorrow at what? 11 am? is that good?" She asks me, I think for a second. 

I nod, "Yup, that's good, I'll be ready at 11 am tomorrow. Now, what do you want for dinner or are you leaving now?" I ask her and walk out to my fridge to check if my mother left anything worth eating in there.