Nine

"Alice, I need to speak with you, so pick up the damn phone for god sake!" I yell angrily into the phone, I've tried calling her 20 times today, and I've gotten zero replies, no calls, voicemails, texts, nothing.

She could at least have the decency to text me, but no, so now my chance is to hope that she is either at lunch or our dorm, I left class early to go to our dorm to check on her.

I knock on the door and someone tells me to come in, my heart jumps a little hoping it's her.

I open the door and Alex sits on the floor alongside Brooke and Casper, "Alice gave us the key," Casper says.

"It's fine, have you seen her?"

"Not since class this morning, I think she said something about hanging out with Ellie and skipping today," Brooke shrugs.

I sigh, "thanks," I leave and walk towards the cafeteria.

I see Melanie, Dawn, and Sophia sitting at a table without Alice, I walk over to them and decide to sit down for a second.

"You good Y/n?" Dawn asks me.

I place my hand against my forehead and close my eyes taking a deep breath.

"I'm fine, just, have you guys seen Alice I need to speak with her,"

"You checked outside?" Sophia asks me, I shake my head, "you should try looking there, or just wait for her," she adds.

I stand up and my eyes go black for a second so I lean against the table and grab my head again, "you sure you're okay?" Melanie asks me worried.

"I'm fine, I just need to speak with her, it's crucial,"

I walk away from the table and Dawn calls my name, I turn and look at her.

"Look, she told me and some of the others about what happened at Sophia's place, and let me just say that we're on your side, what she did ain't alright, she's hanging out with Ellie right now and leaving town tomorrow to go see some family, she should be back Thursday," Dawn grabs onto my arm trying to comfort me, I thank her and leave the cafeteria.

I decide to walk to the one place I can calm down. And she isn't here, so the teacher's lounge is where I will be going. She and Miss Johansson are standing in the hallway talking. 

"Excuse me, Miss can I borrow you for a second?" They both look at me. 

"Yeah sure, one second," Scarlett says and smiles, I look at her and bite the inner side of my cheek. 

"It's Miss Olsen I wanted to borrow," I inform them both, Scarlett looks at me confused and frowns, "Yes, of course," Miss Olsen smiles and grab her bag, "I'll see you later Scar," They hug and Miss Olsen walks with me inside her office. 

Scarlett POV

That was weird, normally she would've talked with me about it, but Lizzie? She chose Lizzie? What the hell, I mean I get that she shouldn't always only talk with me about things, but out of all the people she could choose she picked Lizzie. Are they hooking up? Or am I just overthinking it? I must be overthinking it, I'm just gonna go to my office, grade some papers, and, just talk with her about it later, it's fine, I am fine, just take a deep breath Scarlett and stay calm. 

I've finished grading the papers and honestly just wanna go get Y/n and then go home. My heels click against the floor as I walk towards the teacher's lounge to put my cup, I hear a familiar voice and look up, it's Y/n smiling at Lizzie and hugging her, what. The. Fuck. 

Lizzie walks off and Y/n sees me, "Hey, you ready to go?" She asks me. 

"Uh, actually I have to; I have plans so I can't tonight sorry," I apologize and walk into the teacher's lounge to place my cup when I walk out she is still standing there.

"Can you just give me the keys then?" She puts her hand out for me to put them in, I roll my eyes and hand them to her, "Thanks love," She kisses my cheek and hurries out of the school. 

Now I have to figure out what I wanna do for the next four to five hours as I don't have any plans. 

"Hey Scarlett, you wanna go to the bar two blocks from here?" Someone behind me asks me, it's Lizzie, "Yeah sure," 

Four hours later

We have been drinking and laughing for the last four hours, eating a plate of fries now and again, I have found out three different things about her. 1. She knew Y/n before I did. 2. She loves vodka soda and 3. She does under no circumstance want to follow the No sexual relations with student's family. 

Which to me is quite funny, "Why are you laughing?" She asks me, and I shake my head, "Who's family do you have sexual relations with?" I snort and look at her. 

"You know Y/n Brooks?" She questions me.

 I look at her shocked, "No! Omg really?" I ask her to get some sort of confirmation.

"Getting married to him next year," She sips on her drink. 

"Good thing she isn't your student next year then," I clarify.

"Good thing for you too, then you won't have to sneak around with her," I choke on my drink and look at her, "So I'll see you at my wedding next year," She adds and laughs, god I hope shes too drunk to remember this tomorrow. 

"Don't know what you're talking about, anyway I think we both need to go home, we have work tomorrow," I urged, honestly just wanting to go home. 

"Probably a good idea, you wanna go smoke and wait for a cab outside?" She implores and stands up grabbing her bag and my hand and pulling me outside. 

I throw the bud of my cigarette on the ground and step on it, my cab pulls up and I hug Lizzie goodbye before getting in. I'm at my house in about 15 minutes and Y/n's car is outside, when I stumble inside she's sitting on the couch with a glass of red wine in her hand, I place my coat where it's supposed to be, and throw my heels on the floor in the kitchen, I pour myself a glass and join her on the couch.