Six

Scarlett POV

I wake up the next morning with my arms around Y/n's body, her one hand on my shoulder and the other around my neck, I lay still for a good five minutes before wiggling out of her grip and out of the bed, I walk to my bathroom and turn on the shower.

After my shower I walk out to my bedroom in a towel, and over to my closet to find some clothes, before walking downstairs I grab some sweatpants and a t-shirt and put it on.

I decide to begin making breakfast, just a simple cup of coffee for the both of us and some toast for her, I put it on the table and walk upstairs to wake her.

"Morning," I say as I open the door and walk into the bedroom, she groans and slowly opens her eyes.

"morning," she says and sits up.

"Breakfast is on the table when you're ready," I inform her and walk over to my closet to find her some clothes.

"What are you feeling, shirts, sweatpants, jeans?" I ask her and look over at her, "just the same as you," she says and stretches.

"Here you go," I say and throw the pants and t-shirt onto the foot-end of the bed, "thanks," she says and gets up to put it on.

"I'm gonna go downstairs," I say as I exit the room giving her space to change.

Ten minutes later she emerges from upstairs and sits down at the table with me.

"I think your cat wants to come inside if it is your cat," she points to the glass doors out to the yard.

I walk over and open the door for the cat to walk inside, he does so and walks straight to Y/n and jumps onto her lap, she doesn't even flinch when he does so and just continues to eat her food.

"If you want him to move just push him off," I tell her and walk over to make more coffee.

"It's fine, but you might wanna slow down on the coffee, don't want you to get a caffeine overdose," she laughs, I laugh with her and continue to make my coffee, "but while you're at it, make me some too," she says and empties her cup for me to take.

"Y/n, it's nice having you here and you're nice company but I think you need to go back and talk to your girlfriend, I don't know what happened but you should talk," I tell her and hand her the cup of coffee. She looks down into the cup and takes a sip.

"Yeah, I know, it's nice being here, and thank you for picking me up last night, and I know I need to talk with her but if it's cool with you I think I'm going to wait till tomorrow, and for all the others know, my mother is in town so I'm probably staying with her," She smiles, I smile back to and grab her hand.

"Let's go for a walk around the lake later," She suggests, I nod, the last time I had this kind of friendship was with a man, who was conveniently older than me, also my professor, whom I ended up marrying, and I'm not going to do that again.

She finishes her coffee and places it in the sink, she walks past me and stands with her back against the counter "I'm gonna go shower, then we can leave afterward," She informs me and walks towards the stairs, "You don't have to show me where the shower is," She laughs, "No, but I do need to show you where the towels are unless you wanna have to airdry," I joke and she laughs again.

She walks into my bathroom with towels and clean underwear in hand and closes the door behind her, as I hear the water turn on I sit down on the edge of my bed before getting a good idea.

Y/N POV

I step into the shower and let the hot water drizzle over my body, I can feel my muscles calm down and my body relaxes fully, I lather my body in soap and wash my hair. When I finish up I open the door to the shower and wrap my hair in a towel, followed up by wrapping one around my body.

I step onto the soft fluffy carpet on the floor feeling the chilly water drip on my feet, the water dripping from the tiny bits of hair sticking out from the towel sends chills up my spine, I dry it off and put on the underwear I took from Scarlett's closet, I guess she doesn't mind as she didn't say anything when I told her I would take it.

I put on the clothes she gave me this morning and walk downstairs to her, she's sitting in her office looking at something on her computer, "Oh you're done, shall we go then?" She asks me and closes her computer, "Mmh," She stands and walks over to me grabbing my hand and leading me into the hallway.

She slips on her shoes and puts on her coat, I don't have my jacket as I forgot it at the party last night, I walk towards the door signaling that I'm ready to leave, "It's chilly outside you might wanna wear a coat," She informs me but then quickly realizes, "Right, you didn't have one when I picked you up, take this one," She hands me one from the closet and walk out the door.