Seven

Y/n POV

"Thanks for picking me up last night," I glance over at her as a smile escapes my lips.

"You needed me,"

I think about her comment for a second and grab onto her hand, interlocking my fingers with hers, I start thinking about when I first met her, not showing up late to her class but when I showed her the way to room 345, I remember she asked me about my parents, and I told her the truth about them, or about my mother.

Just thinking about my dad makes my lip quiver, and my body goes stiff for a second my mind takes me back to when my dad was still here, that one winter when we went out to a lake just like this and ice skated till the sun went down, I remember my mother calling him in a panic, scared we're missing or hurt.

My dad and I laughed about it all the time, even after he and my mom divorced, my mom still remembers it, but my brother doesn't, he was home that winter but was hanging out with his then-girlfriend now wife.

"Hey, you okay?"

"I lied to you" I blurt out, she stops and stands in front of me.

"When I showed you to room 345 on your first day, I told you, that my father was fine and that he promised me his company when it was time, but I lied, my father isn't fine, he died, 6 years ago, when I was 16," I start to sob. She wraps her arms around me, I sob into her shoulder and she takes me over to a bench by the lake.

"Honey, don't cry, please don't cry"

"We went ice skating on my 16th birthday and after around an hour, he was gone, it was only when I had called 911, 4 hours later and they pulled him out of the lake that I realized what had happened," I recalled and dug my head crying into her neck.

"It's okay, I promise, you're gonna be okay," She comforts and runs her hand up and down my back, "But you being 16, 6 years ago is a little weird to me," She adds joking, I can't help but laugh at her joke and look up at her smiling.

She grabs my hand and we continue walking until the sun begins to set.

"I'm going back to campus tomorrow and talking with my girlfriend," I tell her as we walk back to her house, "You need me to drive you?" She asks me. "Yeah, that would be nice," I smile. As we get to her house she starts to cook dinner, I decide to sneak off and try and find the file she was carrying around with my name on it the first day here.

I walk into her office and slowly close the door behind me, I start looking through drawers and cabinets finding nothing, "Y/n?" She yells after me, I keep looking and decide to not respond.

I open a drawer and it has a locked compartment in it, I try to pick it open with no luck, "Y/n, come on I made food, where are you?" She yells after me again, I can hear her coming closer and decide to give up, it has to be at her office at school.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" She asks me, I turn and she is standing at the door looking right at me, I close the drawer and stand up, "Nothing," I mumble and walk over to her, "Let's just go down and eat," I whisper and trail a kiss on her neck, "Y/n," She tries to push me off but I keep going.

"Y/n, I- come on," She moans, "Y/n, stop," She says and puts a hand on my chest trying to push me off, "Y/n, stop it!" She yells at me and pushes me off, I look at her and trace a finger over her lip, I smirk at her and walk past her and walk downstairs.

"Okay, what the fuck was that?" She yells at me as she's running down the stairs, I swallow the food in my mouth and look at her, "What was what?" I ask her and put another bite of food in my mouth, "This is delicious by the way, what is it? Lasagna with extra cheese in between the pasta?" I add spitting a bit of food on the table.

"What the hell were you on the floor in my office looking through my things and then trying to seduce me into forgetting?" She yells at me and grabs a plate of food, "It was nothing, I was just looking for the answers for the next test you are going to give us," I lie and look over at her.

"Those you could've just asked for," She says and takes a bite, "Really?" I look at her surprised, "No, you idiot, and why would I even have those here?" She rolls her eyes and we eat the rest of our food in silence.

"I'm going to drive you to campus tomorrow and then you're going to speak with Alice, and then just text me after school and I'll pick you up if you want to go back here," Scarlett tells me as she walks out to her bathroom to brush her teeth, "Okay, I'll figure it out tomorrow," I turn off the light on my side and turn my back to her side of the bed.

"Goodnight," She says and lays down beside me, "Night," I mumble and we fall asleep.