Three

"Bro there is no way you actually said that to her," Alex laughs in disbelief.

"I did, I thought it was you now stop laughing at me," I look up at the ceiling.

"Njah, I don't believe you, you full of shit" He clicks his tongue and throws a paper ball at me.

I catch it and sit up resting my elbows on the table and makes eye contact with him, "do not look at me like that!" I throw the paper ball back at him and he catches it. "Look, I have class, so I'm gonna go to class," He informs me and grabs his stuff to walk out.

"Okay douchebag, I'll see you later!" I yell after him as the door closes.

I lay back down on the table and look back up at the ceiling when my thoughts from yesterday night flow over me and I start to cry. My tears run down my cheeks and as the door opens again I wipe them off, "So douchebag, you missed me that much," I laugh at who I think is my best friend walking back through the door but to my surprise, it isn't.

"Not only do you compliment my way of dressing, now you're calling me douchebag too huh?" A familiar voice asks me.

In a panic, I sit up and look at the woman standing in the doorway looking at me holding a box of whatever. "I am so sorry, let me help you with these," I stand up and walk over to help her. She hands me half of the boxes and I carry them over to the desk in the front of the class.

I sit down on top of one of the tables and my eyes follow her walking around the tables placing a paper and a pen on each of them, "scooch," She tells me wanting to place a paper where I'm sitting.

I think about it for a second and make eye contact with her, "Make me," I say. She raises her eyebrow at me and keeps putting papers on the other tables skipping mine. "Rude," I mumble, "What was that?" She asks me, I give a nervous laugh and say nothing.

"That's what I thought," She sasses and walks back to her desk.

"What's on these papers anyway?" I ask her and pick one up from the table beside me.

"Explain why you want to study law? What did you dream of becoming when you were little? Did you want this or would you rather study something else?" I read out loud and look at her, "Are you serious? Everybody at this school could answer all of this in like 30 seconds," I laugh at her.

"Then do it, right now answer it," She tells me, I grab a pencil to do as she said, "Not on the paper, tell me what you would answer," She tells me and take a sip from her coffee cup. "Right, uh. Why do I want to study law? Well, it's everything I've ever known, my dad was a lawyer, my mom is a lawyer and so is my brother so I am following the family legacy," I start, and she motions for me to continue.

"What did I dream of becoming when I was little? Well, I would've loved to continue swimming but I knew I had to give that up when my mom made me skip practice to study." I tell her, and she nods and again motions for me to keep going.

"And last but not least, Did I want to study this or would you rather study something else? Well, no, I would rather just become a trust fund kid who spends all her mom's money and live in some New York apartment overlooking central park," I laugh and shrug my shoulder. I put the paper back on the table and look at her.

"What about you?" I ask her, "what?" She says confused, "What about you, was this really want you wanted to spend the rest of your days on?" I ask her hoping for something juicy and interesting.

"Well, I would love to start my own lawyer company and do that, but I don't have any clue on how to get started so when this job came up I took it," She tells me, I nod and walk over to where she is standing.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks me, I stand in front of her and laugh a little to myself, "I believe I could help you with that if you want me to," I suggest. She looks at me with those are you for real rn? Eyes.

"Really? What do you know about starting your own business?" She asks me, I place my hand on my chest and fake being offended at her question.

"You're Right I know shit about starting a business but I do know people who owe my family favors, but just let me know and I'll take you for coffee or something and we can talk about it," I say and grab my things to leave.

"If you want of course, or we could just, you know go for coffee, my treat," I offer and yet again, leave her without a chance to answer.

"Hey, Y/n!" She yells after me, I turn back and look at her, and she walks over to me, "let's do coffee," she tells me, and I smile at her.

"With or without business talk?" I ask her curious about whether she is in this to make friends or not.

"Both," she smiles at me and hands me her phone, "well, now that we're going for coffee and I've given you my number I think I deserve to know what your name is, or shall I continue addressing you by Miss Johansson?" I sass at her, and send myself a text to check I put in the right number, she gives me a look at clicks her tongue.

"Hilarious, truly, Scarlett, my name's Scarlett," she tells me, I put her name on my phone, "I like it, it sounds nice and it fits you," I tell her a put my phone back in my bag.

"I will text you the details on where we're meeting and such later, now go to class," she tells me.

"I don't have class, I'm off for today, so I'm gonna go, have a great day," I tell her and she walks back to her class and I walk towards my dorm, smiling as if I've won the Oscar's, it sure as hell feels like I have.

My heart is jumping and I cannot wait for her text, gosh it sounds like I'm back in high school. Now I only have two problems left to deal with, figuring out whether she's into guys, girls, or both, and telling my best friend that I am into girls. But that's a problem for another day.

A/n: I didn't wanna bring too much drama into this, so a coffee shop "date" it is, unless y'all want drama then that's what we're gonna do. Have a lovely day, love y'all stay safe<3