𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ||💧🤍

Start from the beginning

Once he got to the bottom, he walked over to the wall and peeked into the living room. Luca's eyes widened. There, he saw him. the one man that no one was able to catch in all of his 1,750 years, the one who'd come and eat cookies on Christmas Eve, and the one dressed from head to toe in red, black, and white. 

Santa Claus. He was hunched over, arranging and placing presents under the tree. Gifts were erupting from under the tree wrapped in red and white wrapping paper.

Luca stood there, eyes widened from shock and surprise. The book was right. From his head to his toes, the description of Santa Claus was right. It all matched him perfectly.

Luca watched as Santa placed down all of the gifts for everyone in the house, one by one, perfectly fit under the tree. They walked a bit closer to see everything. The cookies and milk were gone, too.

'Creek'! Luca must've stepped on the loose floorboard. Luca held their breath and looked up. Santa and Luca made eye contact, staring into each other's eyes.

"My my, what are you doing up at this time, Little one?" Santa asked, throwing his red sack over his shoulder.

Luca was speechless. They stood there as if they were a statue. Luca tried to find the right words, but they couldn't. Everyone time they tried to speak, the words would get jammed into their throat.

Santa chuckled, "Well, now that you've seen me, would you care to ride in my sleigh tonight?"

Luca replied quietly, "Your... Sleigh? Your actual sleigh?"

Santa nodded. Luca felt themself smile, thinking about riding in the sleigh. They nodded to Santa's question. Luca rushed over to the door and put on their coat, hat, and other stuff to protect them from the cold.

Santa Claus put a finger on his nose and flew up the chimney. Luca opened the front door quietly and rushed outside. When they went outside, they looked around, but couldn't see Santa's sleigh. Then, suddenly, Luca was flying in the air and landed in a red sleigh with gold trailing.

Luca looked at the front of the sleigh and saw not only Santa but someone else. There was another kid with cyan-blue hair and a light blue scarf wrapped around his neck. He turned around in his seat to face me and smiled.

"Hey! Who're you?" He asked, resting his head and arms on the back of his seat.

"I'm... Uhmm..." Luca looked down. They didn't know how to feel about this whole situation. They'd just seen Santa Claus and now they're in the sleigh?

Luca took a breath, "I'm Luca. And you are?"

"Sora! Nice to meet ya!" Sora smiled brightly.

Luca returned the smile. Then, the sleigh began flying in the air. Luca tightly held onto the side of the sleigh, trying to put themself down into the seat.

It was a rough start, but soon, the sleigh was on a smooth course. When they were in the air, Luca calmed down but didn't let go of the sides.

When the sleigh was smooth, Sora stood up and climbed over the seat to sit next to Luca.

"Sora, please don't do that mid-flight. Please tell me," Santa said.

Sora nodded, "Sorry! Won't happen again!"

Sora looked at Luca and Luca looked back. Sora reassured Luca that they could let go of the sleigh, but they didn't want to. Sora laughed at Luca's reaction.

"Soooo, how was your sleep?" Sora asked, leaning back into the chair.

Luca looked at Sora, "How did you know I was asleep?"

Sora chuckled, "It's Christmas Eve, duh! And the same thing happened to me."

"Oh," Luca replied. "Well, it was nice. Did you see anything you got for Christmas?"

Sora shook his head. "Nah. I'd usually peek, but I was in too much shock to move!"

Luca chuckled. Sora and Luca continued talking as Santa made his rounds. They both had to talk quietly when they were in a neighborhood or on top of a house.

When they got to a specific house, Sora waited until Santa went down the chimney. Sora smiled mischievously and climbed out of the sleigh. Luca glared at Sora.

"What are you doing?!" Luca grabbed onto the side of the sleigh.

Sora looked at Luca, "I want to see how Santa does it for someone else! I really wanna see it!"

Luca climbed out of the sleigh after Sora, landing on the snow-covered roof. "You can't! Santa can do it, but we can't! It'd be illegal."

"So? They won't even notice we're there!"

Sora tiptoed over to the chimney and looked down into it. He gulped, thinking about having to fall through it. Luca was trying to convince Sora not to go, but Sora had climbed up onto the side of the chimney.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and jumped down.

"NO!" Luca clamped their hands over their mouth.

Luca looked around, then groaned. They took some time, but eventually, they were able to get up onto the chimney. Luca tightly shut their eyes and jumped down into the chimney.

When they landed, there was a bunch of dust and coal all over their clothes, hair, and face. They got up from the fireplace, which was not lit, luckily, and dusted themself off.

They looked around and saw Sora standing next to Santa, who was placing the gifts down. Luca walked over next to Sora and watched as Santa was doing what he did best.

Once Santa had finished, he placed a finger on the side of his nose and all three of them went up the chimney and back onto the roof.

Santa picked up Sora and Luca and placed them both onto the sleigh. Santa wasn't mad that they had jumped out of the sleigh but found it funny.

As Santa continued to run his rounds, Sora and Luca felt tired. Luca subconsciously rested their head on Sora's shoulder. Sora looked down at them and smiled. Sora layed back and rested Luca on top of him. Sora wrapped his arms around them and closed his eyes. Luca's eyes were closed and small snores could be heard from them.

Santa glanced back and smiled, "That's sweet of you, Sora."

Sora tiredly nodded and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Luca woke up in their bed again. The sun was beaming through the curtains and blinds. Luca sat up in their bed and smiled widely. They hurried out of their bed and out of their room.

Luca rushed downstairs and saw the presents spread out in the living room. Luca smiled and heard footsteps from behind them. Their family was up and saw all of the presents too.

Everyone went to their presents and checked them all out. As everyone was opening their Christmas gifts from each other, all they thought about was last night and their encounter with Santa Claus. The only reason they didn't say anything was that no one would believe them.

Well, no one except Sora, of course.
___________________________________________

Word Count: 1671