Thirteen

~Dot's POV~

I'm at the edge of the La Push cliffs where I go cliff diving with my rewinds or by myself, right now I'm naked since I didn't feel like wearing any bathing suits or ruin any clothes. The waters down are all choppy and rough since a storm is approaching making this even more fun. The sky is dark, the stars are out as I do this. Just as I take a step I close my eyes and fall, I feel the rush of the wind against my skin then the cool wetness. Opening my eyes, because of my eyesight being more clear than before even though I already had exceptional vision it's better. Looking around, I see the beauty of being underwater.

Just as I turned around a cold hand grabbed my arm and pulled me to the surface, when I'm no longer underwater I push my hair back and see Demetri look at me with panic eyes. "Demetri?"

"What the hell?" He demands, his voice furious as he pulls me into a bear tight hug "why did you try to kill your self?!"

"Um" just then a wave hits us and Demetri holds me against the rough push of the waves, he brings us back up for hair "how did you find me?"

"That's all you have to say?!" he wraps an arm around my waist before he goes to the cliffs, he uses his other hand to pull us up. Then he uses his strength to pull us up to the top where my clothes are. Once there he wraps me up in the towel I brought. Once there, as we are both dripping wet he crossed his arms "Well? What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I always do this" that has him stare at me baffled before he starts to pace.

As he paces around he stops before he paces again, when he's done pacing he comes over and pulls me into a passionate kiss. Gasping, I put a hand on his shoulder before he pulls back. Our foreheads together "Felix told me what's been happening"

"I assumed so" I say, my eyes closed "did you know?"

Demetri pulls back "no" shaking his head "if I did I would have sent Chelsea back to Volterra in a box with her body in pieces"

As I stare at him I feel something is off "Demetri? Did something happen?"

He takes a step back from me, it's takes him a moment before he speaks "I thought you cheated on me" scrunching my face up in confusion "at that party the Cullens were throwing I saw you dancing with a wolf shifter and" oh? I knew I felt someone's eyes on me, but I mean Demetri had every right to think I cheated. Paul and I weren't exactly dancing like we were friends "Heidi, this vampire that I use to sleep with visited" I listen to Demetri "I was so angry that...I slept with her"

I stay silent processing these words. I mean on one hand he cheated on me, my mate cheated on me. My heart hurts so much right now listening to how my mate cheated on me, that he slept with another vampire who's been with him multiple times from what I am guessing. But on the other hand my mate saw me dancing with Paul and in the position Demetri saw me and Paul in of course he would assume me and him were fucking. What do I do? I want to be angry but it's my fault that my own mate thought I would betray him like that.

"Dot?" Demetri asks worried

"I'm processing" is all I say, taking some deep breathes I look back out to the ocean then to him "I'm processing"

"I just want you to know that I am so so sorry" Demetri takes my hands "I never would have fucked her if I had known you were just dancing"

We would have spent longer outside if I didn't start to prune and my stomach growls "can we go back to the Cullens? I need to eat and dry off" he nods his head, picking up my clothes we run to the Cullens.