Eight

I'm currently underneath my bed in the little spot I have, this is where I do my thinking or studying or some me time. As I'm finishing up my notes for the next coming weeks, yes I'm getting ahead of myself-I'm talking to mom "hey baby, so if spring training goes well" Bella is taking her usual hours long hot shower "we could be moving to Florida"

"Please insert a dollar twenty five" I smile knowing what is going on, mom is like not that good with technology is putting it nicely "for an additional three minutes"

"Mom? Where's your phone?" I ask

"Okay, don't laugh" she says I hear quarters being inserted into the phone "but my power cord ran away" I silently laugh hearing this "screaming-I literally repel technology now"

"I miss you mom" I respond

"Oh I miss you too" she says "no tell me more about the school? What are the kids like? Are there any cute guys? Girls? Does Charlie know about your sec baseball cards?" It was mom's idea for me to get a hobby then I saw Phil's baseball card collection and put it together.

"No one there interests me like that" I respond "and no, dad doesn't know. But I did make friends, though Bella hates that there's this one person who seems to want to be friends with me and not her"

Mom sighs sadly "I don't know where I went wrong with her, I have one daughter who is so nice to be around but also so shy and another daughter who is so spoiled that she can't see past her own beliefs"

"Mom" I say quietly "don't feel bad, you did the best you could"

"Maybe I should have tried harder" she adds "who knows? I'll talk to her later about this-now let me guess, you are writing down notes for class that are weeks ahead of you"

"Maybe" I respond and she laughs "I'm sorry but I like being on top of things"

"Even back home in Phoenix you were so ahead of everyone" she sighs "now yesterday Bella said you sat in first class?"

"Oh" I say "yeah it's couple that I met were kind enough to get me a seat away from Bella"

"That was very nice of them" she responds

"Yeah" nodding my head "they even got me a job" I talked with them a few hours back and Isla got me a paying internship at a Hospital in Seattle.

"Really?" Mom asks "what's the job?"

"It's paid internship at the University of Washington Medical Center" I tell her, yeah Isla told me that it's one of the few places where aliens can go and me going there is a good thing since the more aliens I know the more friends.

"Wow" mom says shocked "that was very nice of them"

"Yeah" I respond "look, I got to go mom but I'll call you later okay?"

"Okay, I love you baby" hiding my notes since I know Bella, she will take it and try to pass it off for her work when it's mine. Plus if she does find it she'll see I have it written in Ancient Egyptian. Yes I wrote it in hieroglyphics.

"I love you too" hanging up I get out of my little space and go to my bed just as Bella walks in, she sneers at me before getting into bed to do her homework. I just fall asleep in mine.