Seven

"Thank you again for the drive" I say to Edward "I'll see you tomorrow" he nods his head stiffly before driving away. Shrugging my shoulders I head in when Bella's truck gets here, I see dad in a corner booth so I go to him "hey dad" he looks up and smiles.

"Hey kiddo" waving to the seats, I sit on his right since I know Bella will want the seat swing everything and everyone "how's school?"

"Good" nodding my head "I think I made a few new friends"

"That's good" just as Bella comes in steaming mad at me "something wrong?"

"No" she lies

"I ordered for you both. A garden burger and a regular one for you" he says "I hope that's okay"

"It's okay and thanks dad" he nods his head as Bella mutters something under her breath, I'm better it's something terrible about me as dad thinks it's a thanks "so how was things at the station?"

"Okay" nodding his head just as the waitress Cora comes over with our food.

"Here you guys go" giving us all the same thing, burgers with fries.

"Thank you Miss Cora" I respond, she smiles nodding her head.

"I still can't get how gorgeous both of you have gotten" she says looking at the both of us "and I see someone's manners didn't go away" I look confused "when you were little you were always so polite" I nod my head "and it seems your beauty only enhanced as you aged"

"Thank you" I smile "I love your top by the way" she looks down and smiles "green really is your color, it brings out your eyes"

"Oh" she puts a hand to her chest "that is so thoughtful to say" feeling touched, I hear Bella's mind on how disgusting green looks on Cora and that I should just die. Dad stays silent.

I then see a guy come over "hey girls" putting his hands on his hips "your remember me? I played Santa one year" I think before remembering his name.

"Your Waylon right?" He smiles nodding his head "your our dads cousin"

"Yeah" nodding his head.

"The girls haven't spent a Christmas here since they were four" dad snaps, the two then glare at each other. I wonder why?

"But I made an impression" Waylon says "Dorothea remembers me"

"Dot remembers everyone" dad says "doesn't mean Bella is like her" Bella glares at me.

"Waylon" Cora interjects "let the girls eat" he soon leaves, him and dad glare at one another "when you are done I'll bring over a berry cobbler"

"Oh you mean your home made one's with the whip cream you put on top with a cherry?" She smiles nodding her head "oh I've missed that"

"Your father" she says "has it every Thursday"

"Thank you, you can go now" Bella inserts herself into the conversation, she nods her head before leaving obviously wondering how Bella and I are related.

"That was rude" Charlie says to Bella

"Yeah well Dot doesn't have to waste everyone's time now does she?" Bella snaps, we stay silent. Bella grabs a ketchup bottle as dad gets the barbecue sauce, we then hear a family laugh and stay silent.

"So you eat here every night?" I ask, he nods his head "I can cook" he looks at me shocked "I use to the the cooking back in Phoenix, mom and Bella aren't great in the kitchen"

"I remember" he smiles at the memory, looking at Bella "how was school? Your sister mentioned making friends"

"Schools good" Bella glared at me that doesn't go unnoticed by dad "but someone here was more friendly"

"What does that mean?" He asks

"At lunch today I met the Cullens" I say "I introduced myself and Bella's upset that Edward Cullen walked me to class and gave me a ride here" looking at Bella "and I was being nice, I am always nice to people who deserve it"

"That's good" dad nods his head "people here are just narrow minded, the Cullens ever since coming here have been nothing but nice and their newcomers" he looks around "Dr. Cullen a surgeon like him in our hospital? People should be happy that his wife wanted to move into a small town and their children give me no trouble, unlike the hell raisers here" looking at me "I'm glad your sister introduced herself to them and is being friendly"

"Yeah" Bella mutters glaring at me "how great"