Twelve

Just as I leave class with Lauren, we see Edward there. Lauren and I each have a golden onion, when we see him Lauren soon leaves and mouths "I want details" smirking Edward and I walk side by side since it's clear he wants to talk.

"You know" I finally break for conversation "if this was the back during the olden days like being in England in the eighteenth century I'd say your courting me" then in a fake British accent "Why Lord Cullen, what do I owe this lovely day? Would you like to have tea some time?"

He laughs "so are you enjoying the rain?"

"I love it" waving to myself "if you can't see I don't mind the cold one bit. Unlike Bella who hates the rain and would rather be in the sun"

"So you don't like the heat?" He asks

"I love both" telling him, we get to my locker "Bella calls me a freak since I love it" He laughs "what?"

"How come you didn't move back sooner?" he asks

"I love my mom but mainly if I came back sooner, Bella would complain and I'd never hear the end of it. It's why I didn't come back before, Bella threw a tantrum just to get her way" I answer

"Are you two even biologically related?" He asked

"Same mothers" I say

"But not fathers?" He asks

"No" I mouth shaking my head "I'm dads daughter, Bella isn't" I whisper "but also" I add "my mom remarried and I wanted to give him some peace of mind before my sister sunk her claws into Phil's mind and destroyed it"

"Why didn't your sister move with your mother and Phil?"

"Their getting the honeymoon they never got" I tell him "my mom is very overprotective when it comes to me and Bella, me more" opening my locker then grabbing some of my things I close it, then I realize I have my badge in Bella's truck. I borrowed it yesterday and now I need it "Phil is a minor league baseball player" looking at Edward "it's another reason why we left, Bella hates it since like I said she hates the cold"

"So your sister would rather put her happiness before everyone else's?" He asked "this is a bad idea"

"What?" I ask

"I don't think it would be a good idea for us to be friends" he says

"Your the one talking to me" I point out

"It's stupid"

"Then we can be stupid together" I say, he smiles nodding is head "so friends?"

"Friends" confirming

"Great" nodding my head "I'm sorry but I have to get something from Bella's truck then head down to Seattle"

"Let me give you a lift" he offers "I mean unless you already have one"

I don't "that would be great actually, I'll meet you by your car in a bit" he nods his head as I leave.

Once outside I go to the truck and grab my badge, closing it I see Bella storm over at me. Falling on black ice but getting up to get to me "why can't you just leave him alone?"

"It's not my fault Edward wants to speak to me" I defend

"But why you!" She complains just then we hear a screeching and see Tyler's van coming towards us. Bella pushes me forward, just then Bella is thrown back a whiles away as I'm pushes to the ground and see Edward stop the van. I look over to see Bella stare at us but blood comes down her head.