I need to tell him everything that has happened.

As much as it hurts me, I need to tell him that we can't be together anymore.

"Joseph, we need to talk" my voice is calm as I study the emotions on his face, making sure that he isn't getting angry. His eyebrows scrunch together and his breathing grows harsh.

Shit, he's worried.

"Lina, what I did was unforgivable," he says before I can continue and moves closer to me taking my hand in his. "I-I'm a horrible person," he lowers his head and my eyes soften at the action.

I place my hands on his head, lifting it up to meet my gaze. He looks at me with his watery eyes and I don't hesitate to kiss the tip of his nose softly. It's hard to talk to him when his eyes have so much sadness. "Joseph, you are not a-"

"I am," he stops me. "Look at your wrists," he takes my hands and moves my wrists in front of my face, making me look at the faded purple bruises that are still evident on my honey skin. My eyes begin to water at the memory of how hard he was gripping my wrists. The memory of the coldness that was in his eyes when he did it. Was he going to let go? If Ivan didn't show up, would he have let go?

"Lina, I never meant to hurt you," he breathes harshly as he lightly lets go of my hands. "I-I just- you are my fucking world," his voice cracks and I begin to feel guilty about ending our relationship. "You know that right?" he stares into my eyes with his glossy ones, looking at me in a distressed manner.

"Joseph, I know that but-" before I can finish my sentence, I hear multiple urgent voices coming from outside of my window followed by scrambled footsteps. They know. They know he's here. Joseph hears the same thing and immediately gets up from my bed, placing his hand on the black foreign object.

My heart is racing, they will kill him if they find him in here. "Joseph, you need to go now!" I harshly whisper but he places his index finger against his lips urging me to stay quiet. He finally pulls out the object from his pants to reveal a small black gun.

He brought a fucking gun.

How did he manage to get one?

Where did he get one?

Did he kill my father's guards? Is that what he meant when he said he took care of them?

I move to the other side of my bed, making sure there is a good distance between me and Joseph. I don't feel safe now that I know he has a gun. I don't feel safe with the way he is acting. His head is focused on my door until he hears the shifting of my sheets. His gaze meets my frightened one and once he notices that I have moved from my original position he immediately moves back to the edge of my bed, tilting his head at me in confusion.

The multiple footsteps become louder as they reach inside the mansion and begin running upstairs. Doors are being busted open and inaudible words are being shouted. Joseph tucks away his gun and reaches for my hand but I move it away. "Y-You need to go," my voice is shaky as I try my best to move further away from him, but if I scoot more I'll end up falling off my bed.

"I would never hurt you, Lina," he whispers sternly as my eyes trail to my door, silently hoping that Ivan or Luca come in because the way Joseph is staring at me has me feeling uneasy. He swiftly grabs my arm pulling me towards him, placing a harsh kiss on my lips. I groan in reluctance, using my other hand to try and push him off of me but his tight grip is preventing me from doing so.

He breaks away and removes his gun from his pants keeping his grip on my arm. My eyes widen in panic when he points the gun to the door but his gaze is still on me. I hear Ivan's voice and my heart begins to rapidly pound against my chest. If Ivan comes through the door Joseph will shoot him. I can't let him do that. I can't. "Please leave," I whisper as Ivan's footsteps rush towards the direction of my room.