Chapter 19

The moment we've been waiting for...has arrived. Well, at least I was waiting for this chapter😈. Enjoy!.....at your own risk.

___________________

Jungkook had it all planned out- both in his head and in his Notes app.

He had finally brought out the cute half-lavender-half-baby yellow picnic blanket that he had bought on a whim some months ago. He had pleaded with his mother to teach him his grandma's secret  hot chocolate recipe again just for that occasion. He had woken up at the crack of dawn, tiptoed to the kitchen and silently brewed the hot chocolate and prepared other delicacies for their anniversary picnic before hiding them somewhere Jimin wouldn't find.

He had carefully timed Jimin's clocking out hour at the salon with the end of his shift at the café. He had meticulously calculated the time it would take to pick Jimin and drive him to the park before enjoying some quality time by sketching each other and watching the sunset, and if they got lucky, the first snow of winter. 

And everything was perfect. He had surprised Jimin with a customised bouquet of purple hyacinths and white roses, showered each other with a million kisses throughout the ride to their date destination and pretended to escort Jimin into a fancy restaurant. Jungkook should have known that luck was never too gracious on anyone because just when Jimin pounced on Jungkook to give him the most needy kiss he has had in a while, a way too familiar voice shattered their tranquility.

"Oh- Jimin-ah?" 

"Auntie!"/"Ma'am!" The couple launched away from each other.

"Oh!" Mrs. Kim looked flustered. "I'm sorry for interupting-"

"It's alright!"/"It's fine!"

The three of them took a few seconds to overcome the redness in their face.

"Um..." Mrs. Kim said after composing herself. "Taehyung is late?"

"Oh-" Jimin and Jungkook exchanged a discreet glance. "Yes, his team is understaffed at this moment so he's working a few extra hours."

Jungkook signalled "Good job, babe" with his eyes.

"Oh, but- I saw Taehyung napping on the sofa when I left the house," Mrs. Kim replied in a perplexed tone. 

"How could he forget our date?!" Jungkook cried out in instinct, a little too dramatically.

"Right? Call him right now!" Jimin played along. 

"Right, right..." Jungkook fumbled with his phone before dialling Taehyung's number while screaming a million profanities in his head.

"Auntie, please join us," Jimin offered cheerfully and Jungkook yelled "NO" in his mind.

"Here, Jungkook made this," Jimin said as he poured some hot chocolate out of the thermos into a plastic cup once Mrs. Kim settled down in front of them.

"Oh, this is quite good," Mrs. Kim sounded pleasantly surprised. 

"Right? His grandma..."

"Why isn't this bitch picking up..." Jungkook muttered under his breath.

"Hel-"

"Hyung, did you sleep in?! You said you were taking an early leave to get ready! How could you sleep in!" Jungkook faked being hurt.

"Wha-"

"Jimin and I have been waiting for you for like- an hour! Gaeul Park is literally ten minutes away from your place! Get ready-"

"WAIT! What are you even-"

"Ma'am- I mean, Auntie is also waiting with us!"

"Shit." Taehyung cut the line and tumbled off the sofa, landing painfully on his side.