Chapter 11

"Tae, your phone is ringing!" Jimin called out from the living-slash-kitchen area of their studio flat.

"Who's calling?!" Taehyung asked as he returned from the balcony where he was hanging his freshly cleaned jacket and t-shirt, which got caked in mud when some random biker zoomed past him in front of the apartment building, on the cloth drying rack.

"It's... oh, it's Aunty!" 

Taehyung prayed to the Lord to help him with whatever he had fucked up for his mother to be calling him that evening even though he had let her know in the morning that he was staying with Jimin and Jungkook for the night. He didn't mention that it was Jimin and Jungkook's shared apartment because that would lead to questions regarding why all three of them did not live together, so he just said he would spend time with them.

Jimin tossed him the phone which Taehyung caught with a shriek.

"Hello, Eommoni?" Taehyung spoke as he crashed into the couch next to Jimin who slung his arm around his best friend.

"Son, I did not mean to bother you but I thought I should call you..."

"Is everything alright?" Taehyung asked, trying not to feel too concerned because his mother didn't sound too distressed.

"Yes, don't worry. Eommoni is fine...but I thought..."

"Eommoni..?" His mother was definitely hestitating to say something.

"I mean...since you are spending the night... all three of you... alone so..."

"Eommoni!" Taehyung groaned and pinced the bridge of his nose.

"Just use protection, okay?! I know none of you can...um, get pregnant, obviously...but still um...as your Eommoni, I felt obligated to say it so..."

"We'll...be...fine...Eommoni," Taehyung managed to say through his clenching teeth because he was utterly embarrassed to be having that conversation with his mother. Meanwhile, Park Jimin was rolling on the floor, choking on his spit.

"And! Um... I um... did a little research on certain things...about your...um, sexuality and uh...the needs that come with it...so...if you want me to cook more vegetables tomorrow...since you will..."

"Eo..mmo..ni...please," Taehyung begged for his mother to stop. Park Jimin was biting on a cushion to muffle his hysteric laughter.

"You can talk to me about this, okay?! I'm your mother! I will cook vegetables tomorrow, don't worry, son...um, goodnight."

Taehyung sighed and returned the tenderness, "Goodnight, Eommoni. Just call me if you need anything."

"Aunty is adorable!" Jimin wheezed as he hauled himself on the couch.

"She's already assumed that you're a bottom- wait, are you though?"

"I'm not having that conversation with you!" Taehyung felt very scandalized and red and distanced himself from his gutter-brained best friend- in vain, though, because Jimin just scooted and squished himself against Taehyung.

"Yeah, that's for Seokjin, am I right or am I right?" Jimin wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut up," Taehyung complained as he pulled out a cushion from his back and attempted to annihilate Jimin with the soft object.

"Isn't it supposed to start in like, 5 minutes?" Taehyung asked as he changed the channels to KBC where the final episode of their favourite drama would be aired.

"Yeah, I wonder where Ju-" The doorbell rang and Jimin hopped off the couch but before he could get the door, the jingle of keys was heard and a wild bunny bolted inside.