chptr 51

a/n: you guys make me sappy. thanks for 15k reads im lowkey dying right now ha ha ha :) ANW IM BACK and that mini-hiatus kinda fits w this chapter so yes. enjoy (hopefully)

And then she was just...gone.

No messages. No replies. Not even that annoying Facebook notification that tells you whether or not the person has seen your message. She was just...gone.

He contemplated going to her house and apologizing again, but he just knew it wouldn't turn out well. She'd be even more furious at him, and she'd never want to see him again. But he seriously thought about it, about going to her house and seeing her one last time before walking away and never seeing her again.

Because three days in without any sign of her was killing him, slowly but surely.

He had school that day, but he wasn't in the mood. He wasn't in the mood for anything. Suddenly everything was annoying the hell out of him, from the way his door creaks all the way to how the girl he sits next to in English would not stop talking.

"Would you please for the love of God shut the fuck up for one fucking second?" he said irritatedly, bringing his fingers to his temples.

The girl was scandalized. Unfortunately, so was the teacher, who had just walked in the room.

Fuck my life.

He was sent to the principal's office and got detention for swearing. That fact pissed the living hell out of him. They weren't fucking five year olds playing with each other during recess. Everyone needed to grow the fuck up.

He met Luke in the hallways when he was sitting on the bench by the Principal's office. "Whoa. What are you doing here?" the blonde boy asked with a slight frown.

"Got kicked out for swearing. Can you believe that?" He groaned frustratedly, squeezing his eyes shut. "I want to go home and maybe die."

"Calum. You haven't been like this since...Leia," Luke said, and right after he said her name he regretted it. Calum's eyes flew open in a mixture of regret and hurt and anger and to Luke it was a terrifyingly dangerous combination on Calum.

"Because it's her, Luke," Calum said in a dead, monotonous voice. "It's not being with her and it's driving me fucking insane! You know last night I just kept watching this video she showed to me like three weeks ago, it was of this duck family just, you know, waddling onward minding their own business and then the wind comes and fucks them up and her ducklings are fucking rolling around on the ground being screwed over by the wind and the Mama Duck's like oh my god my fucking babies but she can't do shit because the wind's too strong and– " He closed his eyes. He felt like he blacked out for a solid moment while he was telling Luke about the duck video.

Luke whistled. "God damn. You need to chill."

Calum sighed. "Just search it. Ducks blown over by wind. It's funny at first but I just got kinda sad after watching it again and again. Still cracks me up but. There's sadness in there somewhere."

"Damn." Luke scratched the back of his head, unsure what to say. "You really loved her, didn't you?"

The dark-haired boy couldn't help but laugh, an exhausted, nothing-better-to-do laugh. "And why do you say that?"

"Because she fucked you up this bad."

-

Later that night Calum did his normal routine: going over to Facebook, checking to see if she's seen his message. Not yet. And for some reason this hurt him more than if she had seen them but had not replied.