chptr 39

"Luke, can I borrow your laptop?"

"Ashton has it, he borrowed it yesterday, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Can I borrow your phone, then?"

"No."

Calum folded his arms. "Why not?"

"I'm texting Nicky, duh," he replied with a sassy eye-roll. He shooed Calum away with a small flick of his fingers, obviously too busy to deal with Calum right now.

Calum stalked out of the room, feeling more frustrated then ever. It's been almost two days since he talked to Leia, ever since he accidentally spilled Coke on his laptop and had to get it fixed, which he would get in a week. And he wanted to tell her that, in case she was wondering, but he had no means to as of the moment. Luke was being completely douche-y and wouldn't let him borrow his phone.

"Dammit, Luke," he mumbled under his breath. He grabbed a nearby coat and swung the door open, making up his mind.

His phone buzzed with a message from Leia.

from: leia ❤️
i wonder why calum hasnt replied to me yet?

from: leia ❤️
he's almost always on at this time :0

from: leia ❤️
i havent talked to him in a while im getting worried

from: leia ❤️
is he avoiding me :(

"No, Leia, I'm not," he grumbled under his breath, already flying downstairs. The fact that she'd even think he was upset him.

from: leia ❤️
im getting clingy yikes

from: leia ❤️
i cant help it

from: leia ❤️
i dont wanna try calling luke cos he might be busy

from: leia ❤️
one time he sassed me for waking him up at 3 am lmao

from: leia ❤️
luke's actually really scary

Luke? Scary? Yeah, right. The only thing scary about Luke is his dance moves.

He flagged down a cab and gave directions without hesitation. He watched Leia fill up his phone with new messages to replace the old ones he deleted. He decided that one day these messages were going to stop, and he'd miss them. But that was the right thing to do.

Right now though, these messages were the only thing that kept him going for two days.

from: leia ❤️
oh no did i drive calum away

from: leia ❤️
what did i do

Calum saw a blur of purple and fuzz and immediately told the cab driver to stop the car and wait for him.

In a totally impulsive moment, he ran out of the cab, into the store, and bought her a big, purple stuffed bear, almost half his size. Thankfully the whole thing took less than three minutes so he ran back to the cab and continued with a cocky grin.

from: leia ❤️
i hope he's not avoiding me :(

If he couldn't contact Leia, he'd come to her.

Imagining her reaction made her giddy and anxious at the same time. He knew she'd be happy to see him, judging by her texts. And of course if she's happy, he's happier.

Soon the cab made the last turn to her house and Calum paid the man, practically tripping over himself in excitement to get out of the car. He walked up her front steps cautiously and hoped she would answer the door when he rang the doorbell.

But of course, his wishes were ignored.

"Um, hello." He was greeted by a girl that was not Leia, and she had a boy cut with green hair and looked like she was the type to go to angry protests and listen to grungy feminist music. He remembered her from Leia's stories. Her name was Kat.

Calum gulped nervously. "Hi, is Leia-"

"Calum?" Leia was coming down the stairs wearing a plain black tee and a cute pair of shorts and she was just so beautiful he actually blacked out for a second. "What are you do-is that a giant purple bear?"

He smiled sheepishly. "Yeah. I saw it. Thought of you."

Leia practically ran to him and, shoving Kat aside, hugged him right there, almost making both of them stumble down the porch. Calum was quick to hug her back, trying to calm his frenzied heart.

Kat stared at them with hostility. "Ugh. Gag."

She pulled away from him, turning beet red and backing away shyly. Calum was sure she was the cutest damn girl he'd ever seen. She gestured lamely to her friend. "This is Kat, by the way. We're working on a project together." She fiddled with her fingers embarrassedly. "Sorry I hugged you."

Calum presented her with the huge bear. "Don't apologize for that." Then, flashing Kat a polite but cool smile, he said, "Nice to meet you, Kat."

"Calum. Leia's told me all about you," she replied with a slight smirk, ignoring her friend's fiery glare. They shook hands. "But giant purple teddy bear? Boring." With that she stalked back up to Leia's room.

Leia set the bear down. "What are you doing here, by the way?"

"I wanted to see you. I broke my laptop and Luke's busy, so. I haven't been avoiding you, don't worry."

It went unnoticed for Calum that he'd tell her such a thing so he continued into her house without another word. But Leia followed him with her eyes, clutching her bear with confusion.

One thing ran through her mind. It might just be a coincidence, but how did Calum know I was worried he was avoiding me?

a/n: kinda a filler sorry?