chptr 16

The inside of Michael's mancave was a typical boy's dream: a gaming system, a huge television set, black leather couches, and a mini-fridge full of softdrinks, beer and ice cream.

Calum was sitting lavishly on Michael's couch, watching Game of Thrones beside Michael's pet cat, Chels. They were supposed to work on a paired assignment together, but all they were doing now was procrastinating. Michael had left earlier to get some pizza delivered.

His phone buzzed with a new message from Leia.

from: leia :~)
so i have some news

"Hey, dude, do you know what kind of homework we're supposed to do?" Michael asked from the doorway, a box of pizza in his hand. He placed it on a table and plopped down next to Calum, making his cat jump and hiss angrily. The newly blue-haired boy picked up his pet and scratched its ears absent-mindedly.

Calum locked his phone and looked up. "Uh. Something about war. Heroes. Ask Luke." He didn't really pay attention to school. Usually he had Luke to help him out.

Michael groaned. "Let's just skip the whole thing and do it tomorrow."

"Exactly what I was thinking." They high-fived in mutual agreement. Calum got up to take a slice of pizza and to grab a Coke from the fridge.

Michael continued to watch his favorite series with his cat in his lap. When Calum took his place beside him again, Chels meowed angrily. Calum meowed angrily in return. It was like they were both fighting over Michael's attention.

"Why does your cat hate me?" Calum asked, glaring at the kitten with intense animosity. Chels stared right back, her green eyes unblinking.

"I don't know." Michael frowned at his cat and started talking to it. "D'you hate Calum, Chels?"

Chels meowed in an indignant manner, which Michael translated. "She does," he confirmed. "Sorry, mate."

Rolling his eyes, Calum returned to his attention to his phone.

from: leia :~)
so we're officially moving!

"Holy shit, she's moving?" Calum whispered with increasing excitement/nausea.

"What?" Michael snatched Calum's phone away from him and jumped off the couch (Chels wasn't too happy about that), running away from Calum and reading the messages himself. "Whoa."

"What? What happened? Give me my phone back, you dick," Calum said frustratedly. He made no move to get off the couch, though.

The pale boy stood across the room, scrolling through the messages with a bored expression. Leia's messages didn't really spark Michael's interests, save for the almost-boyfriend she talked about. But that was more than two weeks ago.

The phone gave a familiar buzz. "What did she say?" Calum asked bluntly.

"Something about some Warren kid crying about moving," he mumbled. "Is that her kid brother?" When Calum nodded, he continued scrolling through his messages. Suddenly Michael laughed. "Ashton texted you about weed, too?"

"Yeah. What was that all about?"

"He said he wanted to earn some extra money, so naturally, he wanted to become a drug dealer," Michael explained. "But that didn't work out, so he applied at KFC." He fiddled around Calum's phone for a while, then suddenly swore loudly. "Oh, shit!" He tapped around wildly with a panicked expression.

"What the hell did you do?" The dark-haired boy stood up to take his phone back.

"Ah, I almost replied to Leia-"

"WHAT THE FUCK-"

"No, no, it's all good, it didn't send, it's fine, don't kill me, dude." Michael raised his hands in surrender. Calum shook his head, his heart suddenly beating too fast. Damn. That was close.

Michael swore again. Calum was beginning to get tired of his bullshit. "Ugh, what now? And stop fucking swearing, dick."

"Turns out she's from fucking Melbourne, dude! Holy balls." Michael was obviously excited, his actions becoming increasingly animated.

This piqued Calum's interests, too. His heartbeat picked up again. "And she's moving? Did she say where?" He moved to take his phone back, but Michael turned away, refusing. "Come on, give me my phone," he insisted.

"Stop it, Cal-where are you even touching me?-dude, wait, she texted again!" Michael announced. He ran away from Calum and read the text in private. The other boy was starting to get frustrated.

"Um, you're not gonna fucking believe this." Michael looked up at Calum with a terrifyingly excited expression. "Sydney," he continued with a dazed look.

Frowning, Calum snatched his phone away, but Michael was too distracted to argue. Sydney? What does that mean? But Calum understood. He just didn't believe it. "I swear to God, Michael, if you're screwing with me-"

But he didn't continue his sentence. He had dropped his phone after reading four words from Leia.

from: leia :~)
we're moving to sydney

a/n: fringeless here you are lolz btw guys check out my michael fic called ONE MORE NIGHT THANKS :D