chptr 37

a/n: for the sake of this story, the boys are all the same age. i cant have ashton be twenty and still be in high school lol. and the story of how they met isn't accurate so. peace out hombres

from: leia ❤️
so today i met this really great girl named alyssa

from: leia ❤️
she's really cool and she introduced me to some of her friends

from: leia ❤️
and we ended up hanging out the whole day and i had SO much fun!!!!

from: leia ❤️
now we have this whole group chat on imessage its hilarious

Leia's story made Calum think back to when he met his friends. It was probably around four years ago, and he and Luke were in the same class. They were paired up for a group project, which they ended up not doing. Instead they spent the whole day fighting over video games. They both got an F, but it was okay, since Calum got a best friend.

Michael came into the picture a few months later, when Luke accidentally set Michael's shirt on fire in Chemistry. Then the fire alarms rang, and the sprinkles went off, and they all ended up drenched and cold. Luke apologized, but Michael wasn't forgiving about the whole thing. They were sworn mortal enemies for a few months, before Ashton, who was a mutual friend, came along. He was always the peaceful one, the protective one. One day Michael deliberately shoved Luke into his locker, so of course Luke was mad, and there was a whole almost-fight about it.

Ashton stepped up before things could escalate. "Stop fighting, idiots."

Calum, meanwhile, was sipping his Caprisun in the background, avoiding the drama.

And that was the beginning of it all.

In the end, Michael and Luke made up due to the realization that they actually had a lot in common. There was a brief period when Luke would hang out with Michael more, which made Calum jealous, but that didn't last long. Ashton started hanging out with them, and that formed their little group over the years.

Calum would rather stick his arm into open fire than to say it out loud, but he loved his friends, and he was always loyal to them. Even when they were annoying and obnoxiously loud most of the time, he thought his friends were the best people he knew.

Which was why seeing Leia having a little group of her own made Calum beyond happy. Everyone deserved a group of friends they can count on. Most especially Leia. She deserved everything.

From the looks of her texts, there were five of them: three girls (including her) and two boys. The fact that there were boys irked Calum, even if he had no right. Besides, they were just friends, and he knew Leia liked him the same way he liked her, too (just thinking about it made him smile).

from: leia ❤️
david what the fuck are you even saying everyone knows hannah montana was prime smh

from: leia ❤️
oh shit i didnt mean to send that here lol

from: leia ❤️
he thinks the new disney shows r better than the old ones its ridiculous

Calum nodded. Hannah Montana? Wizards of Waverly Place? The Suite Life of Zack And Cody? That shit was prime.

But it was nice just talking- well, not actually talking- about shallow things like Disney shows and new friends. She was happy, and that made Calum happy. Finally there wasn't anything bringing her down or making her upset. No more Dark Days. And Calum had zero intention to cause her distress.

from: leia ❤️
also mom joined a culinary class yesterday

from: leia ❤️
she's been making all kinds of weird food for us hahahha

from: leia ❤️
btw i havent talked to calum today :o

On cue a message from Leia popped up on Calum's laptop.

Leia Wilson: caaallluuuuummmmm

Calum Hood: leeeeiiiiaaaaaaaa

Leia Wilson: whatcha doooin

Reading your supposed texts to your estranged sister, Calum thought dryly. But he began typing a different one.

Calum Hood: wondering if you're free today :) wanna hang out???

Smooth, Calum. But what's with those question marks and scary enthusiasm?

Leia Wilson: what i cant :( i have to take warren to football practice today

Calum Hood: that sucks
Calum Hood: i mean that u cant hang today. not bc warren plays football. football is great. i play football too lol

Calum grimaced. Be cool, baby, damn.

Leia Wilson: oh you do? thats so cool! maybe you can teach him some things someday?

Calum Hood: definitely :)

He blew out a breath. A few months ago she didn't know who he was at all, and she had to deal with depression over her parents' divorce and her sister leaving her. But look at her now. Now Calum could actually talk to her, ask her things, hang out with her. Now she had a new life and new friends and she was happy, which was all Calum wanted.

All was good right in that moment.

a/n: i am aware that this chapter sucks BUT IM WRITING A MICHAEL FIC CALLED DADDY JUST LETTING PEOPLE KNOW spread the word