Chapter 33

A few days went by. I am now 14 weeks pregnant.

I looked down at my belly, I finally got a tiny bump! I put on leggings and a tight tank top to show off my bump.

Once I got ready, I lied down on the bed and watched tv until Archer walked in.

I got off the bed and stood up. He looked me up and down.

"What's with the belly?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant, have you forgotten?"

"You don't look pregnant yet though, that's just fat, you need to work out," he said.

"No, I don't, this is my baby bump," I said.

"No it's not, baby bumps are bigger and rounder, that's just fat."

"It doesn't just grow into a huge pregnant belly over night, it slowly grows over time," I said. I was getting really frustrated but it took everything in me not be a complete bitch.

"Okay well come with me," he said.

"Okay," I said in a calm tone, even though I was a little excited to finally leave the room. I've been stuck in there for days.

I followed him down to the basement. My phone kept vibrating in his pocket.

"I keep getting FaceTimes on your phone," he said, "I need to figure out how to block these numbers too, it's getting on my nerves."

That must be my best friends. We would FaceTime all the time and I know they're worried about me.

"I need to run out for a bit, so I'll need you to do a few things while I'm gone," he said.

"Oh, like what?" I asked.

This may be my chance to escape.

"Here's a notepad, I'll need you to write a list of everything we'll need for the baby," he said, "and then you can just work out down here and I'll let you out of here when I come back."

"You're locking me down here?"

"Only for a little while."

"What if I get hungry?"

"You can eat when I get back," he said, "you should be cutting back anyways. I'll see you later though, behave yourself."

I watched as he walked up the stairs and locked the door behind him.

I immediately scoped out the entire basement looking for a way out. There wasn't one.

As a last effort, I went up the stairs and tried the door. It was locked and I had no way to unlock it.

I accepted my defeat and did some yoga.

Then, I brainstormed a list of things that we'll need for the baby.

At least soon enough, I won't feel so alone anymore.