030. a 'positive' beginning

USUALLY, PEOPLE LOVE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

USUALLY, PEOPLE LOVE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. The idea of it was so exciting一 new classes, trying to figure out who you have classes with, who got hot over the summer, who fell off this summer... It was a school day that couldn't be beaten.

But Milena hated it. Being an honors student meant she was stuck with the majority of the same students since middle school, and it wasn't exciting not one bit. Freshman year was her breaking point, and she realized that school wasn't the safe place she thought it was in elementary. It was hell. And due to the constant drama she found herself in this summer, it was bound to only get worse.

The timeline really stabbed her in the back, because she remembered the fact that she and Demetri signed up for the same core four classes, and they were both guaranteed to get a spot. Maybe her new-school-years revolution was to not get into relationships一 oh wait.

Doug was really forgettable. It was sad, because he was cute and all.

When Corinne Leung opened the door at 9 P.M. to see three teenage boys standing behind her daughter who looked dissociated and absolutely dispirited, you could only imagine what she was thinking. Cameron had an extremely difficult time trying to explain what happened to her daughter without telling all of Milena's alleged business.

Hunter and Kai 'helped' her to her room一 it wasn't necessary, as she whatever she took from Hunter wasn't strong enough for her to need any help whatsoever. They just felt bad and didn't want to leave her alone by herself. Well, Kai also didn't want to be by himself, but he didn't want to jeopardize Milena's future by blurting something out.

Being in a room with her at her absolute lowest surprisingly hurt Kai. Even in just two months, he thought that he'd seen it all一 the gorgeous, sarcastic queen bee of Cobra Kai with a mean streak and an endless supply of brutal comebacks. But here she was, not having a thing to say. The admirably confident girl everyone knew was nowhere to be found.

Not even Hunter, who seemed to be the only person that could easily get through to her, could get a word out of her. She wasn't even intimidating, which intimidated Kai even more, surprisingly.

After the boys left, Milena was straight to sleep. Usually, it was a tradition for the Leung children to tell their parents good night, and it was considered disrespectful if you decided not to say anything to them before going to bed. But Corinne understood her daughter's reasons, and wasn't going to mention it. Luckily, her husband had been working late, and had no idea what was going on, otherwise the situation would get even more serious than it already was.

The next morning, Milena was not excited to start school, especially under these circumstances. But she wasn't going to let that be obvious. She grabbed one of the outfits that she bought while shopping with Kimberly, and did her usual light makeup.

But as she stepped into the kitchen, contemplating whether or not she had time to make herself breakfast, she was pleasantly surprised by the fresh food presented on her table.