029. no fucking idea

ONE THING ABOUT MOON LYRA, she was going to host a damn party

ONE THING ABOUT MOON LYRA, she was going to host a damn party. Her entire life could be in shambles; Daddy's credit card privileged snatched away, hair crunchy from a curling iron, threatened that she wouldn't make it pass sophomore year, marijuana dealer got arrested, seven dead family members一 that party was still going to happen, and it was going to be a success.

Milena could never hold a grudge against Moon because she didn't do anything but smoke weed and speak of sunshine and rainbows. Sure, there was nothing but air up in that poor little head of hers, but that was an excellent white girl at the end of the day. So who was she not to accept her invite to her back to school party?

As always, Milena was nearly everyone's chauffeur. Everyone meant Hunter, Kai, and Cameron一 that's right, readers! Despite Cameron being a Miyagi-do student, she was still friends with whoever transferred from Cobra Kai to there, except that bitch, Adrian. And Demetri, but she didn't count him as a Cobra Kai alumni anyway.

And after publicly humiliating Adrian in front of everyone at the roller rink, she was feeling good about herself. As far as she knew, absolutely nobody was out to get her, and she was living her best life. Hell, she even started giving Doug a real chance. Yeah, he was one to put the triangle toy in the circle hole, but who cares?

Even though hashtag-DougLena was alive and well, she and Hunter's friendship was flourishing. Whenever she and Kimberly weren't out shopping at the mall, she was talking to him一 from in-person, to text, to FaceTime, you name it. Whether it was them conversing about their favorite shows and movies, or just her complaining about the most minor inconvenience, they were always in contact.

Now that Demetri was out of her life, she needed someone who was a complete loser who she could talk to about her interests, and no offense to Kimberly, Tory, and Aisha, but none of them knew who the hell Garfield Logan was, and not one of them understood the cultural impact that Dickkory had on the DC fandom. Though she did appreciate Tory being into The Walking Dead, and she loved talking to her about it.

When the quartet first arrived at the party, they all split up unintentionally, slowly returning to their natural habitats school-wise. Hunter and Kai hung out with the skaters, Cameron hung out with the troublemakers that the teachers always end up loving, but Milena? She didn't know where she fit anymore. Her entire sophomore year consisted of her alternating with the popular girls and her childhood friends until she came to her senses about the popular girls in question.

Now, both of her childhood friends hated her, and the popular girls were no more. She wasn't going to lie and say she had no friends nowadays, but she worried about her place. How people perceived her, and how much they tuned into her life. It was crazy because she never could think about what people thought about her before. Was she just Kyler's ex? That girl who made out with an unknown in the middle of the cafeteria? And also made out with him in the hallways? That one popular girl who's actually smart? She couldn't say people knew her as a jiu-jitsu expert because she couldn't go a day in class without thinking, "none of them know that I can kick everyone's ass in this class."