026. smd diaz

SO MAYBE KREESE WASN'T THAT bad

SO MAYBE KREESE WASN'T THAT bad. Much to Milena's delight, they weren't going to be in the dojo today. He told them that they were going on some sort of field trip, and didn't have to wear their gis. But they were to wear something that they wouldn't mind being messed up.

She had no idea where they could be going or what they were doing, so she decided to play it safe with black cargo pants and one of Demetri's old shirts that she forgot to return.

Not to say that the shirt had no value, because that certainly wasn't the case... which isn't to say that he still had a huge grip on her life, because that wasn't true. Which is not to say that she didn't care about him anymore, because that was also false–

Shut the hell up, okay? It's just a shirt, relax!

She had to stop herself from overthinking it, because it made her look suspicious. She had an entire boyfriend, but she was still thinking about... well, she didn't even know what to call Demetri. They hadn't spoken since she found out he joined Miyagi-do, and had been ghosting him ever since. No label seemed to fit their situation well.

Sensei Kreese provided them with a bus, so nobody else had to worry about transportation issues. This was perfect timing, because Kai had just been telling his friends in the dojo that he was gonna pretend to get lost on the way so he could have a day off.

"Kim!" Milena called her friend's name, after Kreese instructed them to find someone to sit with on the bus, and gestured for her to come over to her.

"Thank god you chose me, because I think Bart, or whatever his name is, is obsessed with me," she shuddered. Milena furrowed her eyebrows when she looked at Bert, who was staring at Kimberly's knees intently, and creepily.

Milena, holding a laugh, blocked his view by getting in front of her. "I'd say you should take it as a compliment, but I don't think there's anything complimentary about a nine year old being attracted to you."

"Nine? I thought he was, like, 13!" Kimberly exclaimed in surprise. "That's what he told me, at least."

The students got onto the bus, excitedly chattering to each other in their own different conversations. The girls, plus Kai and Hunter, darted past everyone, trying to get the backseats. You can imagine the fights that almost broke out solely because of Milena's overaggressiveness, pushing everyone in their way.

As soon as they were seated, they were not-so pleasantly approached by Doug, Milena's clingy and head over heels boyfriend. "Milena, I thought we were sitting together." Hunter rolled his eyes before turning to Kai, as he did his best to mind his business.

"I never said that," she replied coolly, eyes looking back down at her phone, clearly unbothered.

"Well..." Doug trailed off, and he looked at Hunter specifically. "Can one of you get up so I can at least sit near her?"

"Ye--" Kai quickly got up, but was shoved back into the seat by Hunter. Doug threw a quick glare his way.

"Can't you just sit somewhere else?" he asked.

Doug sighed, not wanting to cause a commotion for once. He turned to the seat in front of Milena, but found Miguel and Tory already there. And in the seat across from them, there were the six's bags. "Y'know what? That's fine."

When he walked away, Kimberly was the first one to speak up. "You know he's your boyfriend, right? What's the point of that if you're never gonna be around him?"

"Right!" Kai joined in. "I don't want him terrorizing us just because he's, like, obsessed with you."

"Okay, he is not obsessed with me一" she glanced towards where Doug was now sitting, and she had to end her sentence right there. He stared at the back seats, and she didn't even have to try to find where he was looking, because it was the same thing every time. "W-Well, it seems like he's more obsessed with Hunter!"

"Yeah, 'cause he wants to knock the dye out of his hair!" Kai blurted out, catching the new couple in front of them's attention.

"Who wants to knock out who?" Tory turned behind her seat, facing the girls with a cheeky smile. They'd come to find out that Tory loves gossip when it's not about her.

"Doug's got it out for Hunter because he and Milena have way more chemistry than he'll ever have with her," Kimberly explained confidently.

"What?" Hunter and Milena exclaimed in unison.

"Milena's got chemistry with everyone it seems," Miguel meant to say it under his breath, but it was loud enough for everyone in the conversation to hear.

"Suck my dick, Diaz," she hissed. "You're the last person to talk about that."

"Did I miss something?" the blonde's eyes darted back and forth, theories running wild in her head.

"Nope, and thank god for that," she smiled mockingly, causing Miguel to roll his eyes and turn back around.

After an awkward silence, Hunter spoke up, "Look, me and Milena are just friends. I met her on the same day he met her. I don't get why he's acting like he has some superiority over me."

"They're dating," Tory rebutted.

"That's debatable," Kai insisted. "I know I'm not the relationship expert here, but how many dates have you guys been on?"

"Like one... why?"

"Do you treat all of your boyfriends like that?" Miguel sneered away from her.

"No," she dismissed. "He's just... boring. He expects so much from me. Like did you see the way he just assumed I wanted to sit with him?"

"You're dating!" Kai reminded her.

"Okay? It doesn't mean I want to sit next to him just so it can be awkward between us," she argued. "You guys just don't get it."

"You'll never know for sure until you try," Hunter told her softly. He wanted to take her hand, but he figured that'd be too much. "I don't know for sure about everyone else, but I'll listen to what you have to say."

Kai, behind him, quietly gestured towards the two, in an "I know you see this shit" type of way. She chuckled, finding them amusing.

"Fine, but you have to put it on your life that you won't tell anyone," she waited for them to vouch for themselves before she continued. She sighed, nervous to tell them. "I don't like Doug, and I'm still not over Demetri. Doug asked me out randomly and I panicked. It's not like I'm trying to make him jealous or anything, but I'm just stuck."

"Oh," the group said in unison.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

ALYSSIA SPEAKS!
i'm back! i didn't mean to take a hiatus right after i put "weekly updates" in the description i swear😭

this chapter's way shorter than the other chapters, mainly because i am DREADING writing the coyote creek scenes😭 idk if this is permanent, or just this chapter, but lmk if you guys prefer it because y'all know that i can make a long ass chapter😭