024. thank you for everything

MILENA PACED BACK AND FORTH IN Demetri's living room, as she updated him on everything that happened today

MILENA PACED BACK AND FORTH IN Demetri's living room, as she updated him on everything that happened today. Was she nervous? Yeah. But did she want to hide the fact that she had a boyfriend now? Hell no. Either way he learned about it, it was fucked. In her opinion, it was best that she pretended to be ignorant.

"I don't even know why I said yes," she told him. "He seems like a good guy. Maybe I was wrong about my suspicions. You said you went to the mall一 ooh, you must've seen him somewhere."

"Milena," he said her name, but she ignored it.

"Did you guys bump into each other?" she asked rhetorically.

"Milena," he called her again, but to no avail. Something was off with her. Either that, or the guilt was just eating him alive.

"I bet his dumb ass was looking for another gift for me. Did you know he bought me this?" She raised her hand, showing off the charm bracelet. "Thoughtful, right?"

"Milena!" Demetri raised his voice, startling her. "Sorry, had to get your attention. Are you aware of what even happened there? Of what your new, little boy toy was up to?"

"Well, he told me that he hung out with Hawk and his friends," she said. "And that he talked to you for a bit."

"That's absurd! That guy said nothing to me verbally! He's better at communicating physically, actually," Demetri disagreed, debating on whether or not to be passive aggressive.

"What are you talking about now?" She wrinkled up her face slightly in annoyance.

"You aren't serious, right?" he bitterly chuckled.

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

"Milena, he tried to assault me. At a comic store!"

"Okay, I get it, it's awkward hearing about me being romantically involved with someone else, but please don't manipulate me into breaking up with him," she requested, extremely serious. "You, of all people, should know not to do that."

"I'm not manipulating you," he scoffed. "Do you seriously think I'd lie about this?"

"I mean, I don't think I've seen you in your full jealous form, so the possibilities are endless,"

"Ask Karina! She and..." he trailed off, quickly realizing that he almost snitched on himself. "She saved me from getting my ass handed to me!"

"She and who?" She mostly paid attention to his hesitation, which gave her a terrible feeling.

"Just the two other witnesses," he stated quietly, scratching the back of his head.

Milena knew his body language, and this clearly meant he was either lying or hiding something. She stopped pacing, and crossed her arms, staring at him. "Right. So, what, I'm supposed to believe this? You're not a good liar, sweetie."