003. built like master splinter

THE LEUNG HOUSE IN ENCINO WAS FILLED WITH KIDS

THE LEUNG HOUSE IN ENCINO WAS FILLED WITH KIDS. Three teenagers, two children. Although Milena was not fond of it, the place was chaotic and not at all civilized. Demetri had brought out his Dungeons and Dragons cards, and was playing it with her youngest brother, Elliot. Eric was in his room, sneakily watching Kakegurui while no one was there to tease him— and so his mother didn't beat his ass if she were to walk in and see screaming lesbians on his television. And Milena and Logan were in the living room, Odd Future playing from her Bluetooth speaker.

"So," she broke the comfortable silence, "how was Okinawa?" His father lived there, and he spent every summer and spring break with him.

"Pretty great," he said, grinning at the memories flooding his brain. "I helped Dad with his dojo, and he taught me some stuff, like how to fool your opponent. He's really changing, you know. He's went from obsessing over his honor to actually wanting to be invested in my life. He even told someone I was his dad for the first time."

"I'm glad. It's what you deserve," She rested her head on his lap, sitting up for a few seconds to move her hair then lying back down. "And I almost forgot— congrats on the purple belt, we have got to spar sometime."

"Nah, I don't think you can handle the way of a Toguchi," he joked, flexing his biceps dramatically. She couldn't even lie, he went from being the skinny nerd that she gave piggybacks, to being a slightly intimidating nerd. "Let's keep in mind, I'm the son of someone who was willing to have a deathmatch."

"And let's keep in mind, I'm the girl version of a teenage mutant ninja turtle," She pointed over to the pair of sai held on the wall, grinning proudly.

"You have definitely got the looking like a mutant turtle on point,"

She scoffed, her mouth widening in shock. "At least I'm not built like Master Splinter. You look like a sophisticated rat."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀
"You're going on a date?" Her mother said, looking at her confusedly. "With him?" She was referring to the lanky nerd friend standing beside Milena, whose hand she had to almost snap in pieces via squeezing to refrain him from being a total smartass. "What happened to that Kyler boy? He was nice."

"No. He wasn't, Mom, and I already told you that I can't tell you what happened," she replied sharply, tensing up. She wanted to just rip everything apart just from hearing that name, and his last words before she busted in that room rang in her head. "Demetri is taking me out. We'll be back before midnight." Milena glanced at him, but quickly turned back when she saw that his eyes were on her, having that concerned and empathetic expression that she rarely saw.