006. eli's bedtime

RESEDA WAS LIKE UNDISCOVERED LAND TO HER

RESEDA WAS LIKE UNDISCOVERED LAND TO HER. Milena had been to a lot of places. Hollywood, San Francisco, Toronto, Orlando, Newark, Brooklyn— hell, she used to live in Minnesota. It was funny to her how she'd never been to somewhere as close as Reseda was.

She wasn't sure whether to leave the three fanboys in the car or to bring them with her. But Eli was fast asleep in her Integra, Demetri was reading on his phone, and Logan was trying to go to sleep. That left her being the only one to go with Johnny, as he introduced himself. Plus, she doubted if Miguel's family had any idea who she was for her to show up in front of their door claiming to be Miguel's friend.

But that's tough. Because she was still there, and wanted to at least make sure Miguel wasn't gonna die.

A pretty Latina woman opened the door, immediately gasping at the sight of the boy. "Mijo!" Milena knew a good portion of Spanish because one of her aunts was married to a Latina-American woman, and she and her siblings would always stay over at their house when their parents or grandfather weren't available.

"I can help him in— sorry, I'm his friend– –"

"Milena! Miggy couldn't stop talking about how his friend Milena dyed her hair blue. Go on in," she moved to the side, letting the teenagers in to speak to Johnny alone.

"Hola, me llamo Milena. Soy la amiga de Miguel," she said to an older woman who eyed her with confusion. Her Spanish was pretty good for someone who almost never spoke it.

"Soy su abuela, gusto en conocerte. Ha hablado mucho de tu y no estaba mintiendo acerca de que eras bonita," she complimented her, and the sudden information took her back. He talked about her to his grandma? And said that she was pretty? Interesting. "Tu español es muy bueno. ¿Tu es familia latina?"

"Si, mi papá es latino," She was explaining how she knew Spanish, and she herself was surprised how much she wasn't struggling with it.

"¡Mama, no la dejes aquí toda la noche! Ella solo quería asegurarse de que Miggy estuviera bien," said the woman who opened the door, and she came to the that she was Miguel's mother. "Sorry about that. Can you do me a favor and help Miguel clean up? I think he might be in his room; it's upstairs, the middle door."

"Yeah, no problem!" she gave her a grin, before waving at his grandma. She quickly located where to go, trusting her instinct. To avoid any embarrassing moments, she knocked on the door, subconsciously in the Mario theme song tune. She heard music against the door that was at a low volume, and by the sounds of it was something by AC/DC.

"Come in," said the glum voice of Miguel. She opened the door, trying her best to hide a smile due to the music. "Milena? You're still here?"

"Yeah, your mom told me to help you clean up or whatever," she said, and he nodded in response. "Didn't know you liked classic rock."