002. eye of rabbit, harp string hum

SEPTEMBER 25 WAS AN EVENTFUL DAY, BUT ALSO A VERY LONG DAY

SEPTEMBER 25 WAS AN EVENTFUL DAY, BUT ALSO A VERY LONG DAY. AND it still wasn't over. Her phone was being blown up by many people. Yasmine, Moon, Samantha, Logan, Kyler, Demetri.... hell, even Eli. Did she start any drama? All she did was kiss someone. But he wasn't just anyone.

Chances are, that people were calling her shit behind her back for 'moving on too quickly', which obviously was not true.

Milena now sat down on a skating ramp, fiddling with her black Freddy Krueger t-shirt that said "follow your dreams". She dreaded opening the text messages and she only felt sadness. A million questions went through her head, and it was all so confusing. Was she leading Demetri on? What was Kyler going to do to her friends? Why was Samantha concerned? And when did Eli get a phone?

"Hey there," she heard a masculine voice from behind her, and turned to see a fair skinned boy with flowy brown hair. He was covered in safety gear, excluding a helmet. For some reason, she got a sense of familiarity from him.

"Oh! Uh, hello," she greeted in the usual tone that she habitually used when meeting others; never super kind, slightly intimidating, and a small hint of unintentional awkwardness. "I must be in your way, huh?"

"Nah, you're good," he smiled at her, just to be met with a stone cold look. She didn't mean to look like that, it wasn't like she had a resting bitch face— actually the opposite, hers was girl-next-door-ish. That's a lie. He plopped next to her, placing his skateboard beside him. "Why do you seem so familiar? Like do we go to the same school, or...?"

"Maybe. I've never seen you around," she said in a thinking voice, as she tried to figure out if he went to West Valley. But wasn't there a closer skate park? The only reasons she was here was because A., she was in North Hills and not Encino where she lived, and B., she almost never went near a skate park anyways. "Do you go to West Valley High, or are you from around here?"

"Nope, I live around here," he shook his head, brown hair slightly moved side to side behind him. "Weird. I only know one person who lives around there and... never mind. Anyways, what're you doing here? It's school hours."

"I kinda caused a lot of drama at lunch, and didn't want to be bombarded with questions," she grimaced at the fresh memory, looking off to the side. "How about you?"

"I broke the principal's computer screen and called her a poopie-head. Did not like that one bit, and said it was offensive to toilets across the globe," His joke surprisingly made her laugh from its stupidity and cringiness. "No, but I just decided to skip school and meet some friends, but they're doing business right now. So here I am, bringing back 2012 with being a skater boy."

"The only business my friends do is scavenge for old Playboy magazines and do God knows what with them," She shook her head in disappointment, yet again getting war flashbacks from the times she caught Demetri in her room doing... unholy things with her comic books. The boy laughed right when she said 'Playboy', most likely knowing what was gonna come next. "And then the rest of my friends' only job is to wreak havoc on my other friends, I'm like Hermione during Goblet of Fire when Ron and Harry are fighting."